Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted: 997 GT2 Manual Gearbox

SOUNDS COOL, keep the info coming, sounds mega

Mine is only a 3.8 tho and running custom Tial Sport Xona 1180 Turbochargers

Standard at approx 1.2/1.3 boost. Can run 1.5 boost all day long and crank it up to 1.8+ when needed but is very hairy on boost at the higher end. Car is boosted to RPM to ensure traction loss is as minimal as possible and have various maps on the controller

Lag is there dont get me wrong, just gotta keep it in the correct rev range and you are ready to go,,,,,literly !

Do live / real mapping, absolulty no point in getting it on a rolling road IMHO....just saying

Where are you based ?

FRP said:
Wise words from MC

Std healthy gearbox will run circa 700bhp all day long

Yeah, wise words indeed. Certainly makes sense to me. What are the bhp upper limits with a PDK?

Not sure what it is (996/997) but there was definitely a GT2 Box in Liverpool for ages. Tech 9 perhaps...

came out of a race car so God knows what state it was in. I looked at it but decided £15k was a bit rich for my needs especially as it was of unknown quality - that said, they were offering to strip / rebuild as proof of useability as I recall... worth asking.

They may still have it. I have a feeling it's a 996 box but there won't be much difference - will there?? :?:

116618LN said:
Someones selling a box on 6speed with a load of goodies. Might be what you're looking for...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums...t-gt2-gearbox-w-cooler-guard-gt2-pro-lsd.html

Aye, I've spoke to him. Trying to get some prices on a 997 GT2 input shaft and gears, that's the difference over the 996 GT2 box, it's much stronger in the 997 and a proven upgrade.

My other issue is, do far almost everything I have ever bought from the yanks has turned out to be garbage.

Jay Are said:
Not sure what it is (996/997) but there was definitely a GT2 Box in Liverpool for ages. Tech 9 perhaps...

came out of a race car so God knows what state it was in. I looked at it but decided £15k was a bit rich for my needs especially as it was of unknown quality - that said, they were offering to strip / rebuild as proof of useability as I recall... worth asking.

They may still have it. I have a feeling it's a 996 box but there won't be much difference - will there?? :?:

Thanks for the lead. I just emailed him and they had one but sold it.

BUILDING YOUR OWN GEARBOX (I did not tho as way beyone me) if its any help, this is a good list of what you might require or at least the modified bits, its a starter for 10 anyways

big shaft nut - input
big shaft nut - pinion
small shaft nut - input
small shaft nut - pinion
Guards billet LSD if a manual gearbox
CMS billet diff side cover
CMS billet bearing clamping plate
GT3 shift leaver
1st gear syncro set
2nd gear syncro set racing steel version
steel syncros 3rd thru 6th
CMS 3/4 shift set
GT2RS main shaft 1st and 2nd gear
Decide on straight cut gears 3rd, 4th 5th and 6th ???
modified oil pick up and return fittings plus misc other small items

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back