Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Charcoal filter any help please?

face29

Hi any help on this would be very much appreciated. I have a 2000 carrera 2 and after it's been running a while I get a buzzing sound- when i unscrew the fuel cap it goes away but when I rescrew it it comes back on??- ive been told it's the charcoal filter that needs replacing can anyone shed any light for me please?- very grateful

Easy to access once you remove the drivers front wheel liner.

I had much the same problem with mine, got to the point after a long run the car wouldn't start if I switched it off, my problem was the purge valve going to the inlet manifold. The buzzing was very loud, I checked a lot of things before getting to the bottom of it.

Remove it and test it, 12v to it and it should open right away, remove 12v and it should close.

Mines wasn't opening, gave it a clean with carb cleaner worked for a bit then I ended up replacing it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back