Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Painting diamond cut 997 turbo wheels

I think we are at crossed wires as there are a number of seindenmatt colours as used on GT3 and 911R for example. The platinum version is a darker colour as you say.

KJD said:
I think we are at crossed wires as there are a number of seindenmatt colours as used on GT3 and 911R for example. The platinum version is a darker colour as you say.

Yes indeed, I thought you were talking colour, not the finish. Seidenmatte is just German for satin. Looks like your colour is GT Silver. Didn't want people thinking it was the GT3 colour.

Rather than start a whole new thread, i was searching around for some inspiration as i want to lose the polished finish on my 997.1 Turbo alloys and found this thread, so figured i'd resurrect it.

I've seen the pictures with the wheels in satin Platinum and i like it but not sure that would be too much on a Slate Grey car.

Any inspiration or pictures welcome.

I had mine done in Dark Anthracite and, as I never liked the bling effect of the original wheels, I had the polished part sprayed with a dark satin lacquer.

My job was overseen by Exel Wheels and apart from a couple of stone chips they're fine 2.5 years later.
I’ve got the same wheels on my cayman. About to get them refurbed and really like the look of yours. Do you possibly have a close up, or have any more details of the laquer used pls?

I’ve got the same wheels on my cayman. About to get them refurbed and really like the look of yours. Do you possibly have a close up, or have any more details of the laquer used pls?

I haven't got any details regarding the lacquer used I'm afraid and can't remember exactly what I was told 7 years ago. Lepsons did my wheels (under the expert eye of Chris Weaver, Exel Wheels) and I believe it was just a case of asking them to use a colour (in my case, dark satin) rather than the clear coat normally used. For the record the finish on my wheels (7 years and 40k miles later) is still excellent although the darkness has faded a little after a couple of hundred cleans including numerous jetwashes.

P1160627(2).JPG

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back