Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CAT6 Tracker - Any Recommendations?

AdeD

So while i don't really want one i'm told i need a CAT 6 Tracker. I don't want to use the built in Porsche one and I've lost the fobs and it's unlikely to still work anyway so looking for any other recommendations...

Vodafone can supply new fobs so there's no problem there.

One alternative is MetaTrak which has the added bonus of allowing you to track the position of your car via GPS and record journey data - though that might also be viewed as a negative :cop: - and like Vodafone requires a separate fob...

Just had a similar issue and ended up re booting the Porsche VTS. As much as its a pain in the rse twas cheapest easiest option.

This! Just had to do the same - new fob £30 very easy and simple to set up! £ 217 subscription per year! Very easy and painless!

AdeD said:
So while i don't really want one i'm told i need a CAT 6 Tracker.

Who do you use for Insurance? When looking for mine it was tricky finding companies that would cover an ES without charging a fortune. I ended up with Classicline (limited mileage, garage etc but no tracker required) but be good to know any other recommendations for renewal. PM if you want :thumb:

maph said:
AdeD said:
So while i don't really want one i'm told i need a CAT 6 Tracker.

Who do you use for Insurance? When looking for mine it was tricky finding companies that would cover an ES without charging a fortune. I ended up with Classicline (limited mileage, garage etc but no tracker required) but be good to know any other recommendations for renewal. PM if you want :thumb:

PM sent

Classic line told me the same thing. I was sceptical and asked them to double check which they did and turns out they were wrong and i did actually need a tracker..just FYI.

Senoj said:
Classic line told me the same thing. I was sceptical and asked them to double check which they did and turns out they were wrong and i did actually need a tracker..just FYI.

Good to know. I will quiz them further come renewal in a couple of weeks.

I did not need a tracker with my BGTS or 993 with Classicline.

I double checked with them as I had an active tracker on the boxster which I let lapse this month due to it not being needed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back