Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Checking the cabriolet hydraulic oil level

Great write up wonder if this is a service check will have to ask the garage.

Its a sealed system so in theory it shouldn,t need monitoring .. the reality is these cars are getting older now so probably worth a look as to be honest i doubt if its ever been checked if you havent had a roof problem.

When the lvl gets too low it sucks in air .. roof has an obvious fault and for it to get low there must be a leak somewhere .. although with age and a small amount of ram seal bypass then that would lower the lvl .

Ive only worked on a couple of these systems in many years .. shows how reliable they are as roof faults are what normally comes to me to fix .

Plenty of faults with rear flaps , micro switch failure ... but not the hydraulic side of things .

Alex,s write up and how he filled his .. mate thats how i would do it but with a different colour bottle :D

Oh .. btw .. the cables .. to get them off then i just push on the shank above the ball joint , so pushing towards the center of the car on that part .. leave a bit of flex in it and it should come straight off .

Sometimes they rust .. bit of a bitch to remove then but clean and grease afterwards to stop any future problems .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back