Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Motorsport Division X51 PowerKit (320 PS/235KW)

AFAIK Porsche dropped the additional oil line and dual chamber pump after 996.1 3.4 X51

Easy enough to identify though from the photos in this thread (oil line).

997.1 X51 exhaust manifold comparison:

455220d1277704642-2007-c4s-question-headers1.jpg

post-5327-0-00449900-1306361625.jpg

Example VIL (NB: same format across models, 993,996,997 etc, although later models only have service book VIL, not both service book and under-bonnet)

20150310_152324.jpg

Some more 3.6 X51 info.

No mention of a different oil pump for the 3.6 & the 3rd radiator is mentioned but the 40th Anniversary didn't get it due to the larger Turbo rads.

BywYBtx.jpg

mRF3Dxv.jpg

NEkiSsA.jpg

QXTeJJU.png

wrClYLj.png

cxaqPE2.png

I just bought an 3.4 X51 and this thread has been awesome to review and super interesting - though I'm not sure it mattered whether some guy did/didn't get his info first hand (like a resident anorak needed to assert).
It seems that the most important think is to ensure that any shop working in these limited run cars ensure they source correct parts over time to keep them to original spec, and thereby retaining the individuality and value. Cheers to everyone who's contributed. :thumbs:

GT4 said:
Leave it alone.

If you happen to have a clutch change (or Throwback Tuesday, RMS swap), then visually inspect and pull the outer seal.

Just remember, you have the dual-row IMSB with less than an 1/8th of the chance of dying as the 996.2 or even my current car! (indeed, most 997.1 Carrera/Targa)

Sleep well!

:sleepy:

... do fit an LTT though :thumb:

PS - :welcome: - my first Porsche was a 996 Carrera 4 3.4 X51!

gt4_1_small_399.jpg

Wow, sorry for the thread revival but what colour is that? Stunning!

jaw said:
Wow, sorry for the thread revival but what colour is that? Stunning!

Iris Blue

You dont often see that for sale on ebay :thumb: :thumb:

steve r said:
Some more 3.6 X51 info.

No mention of a different oil pump for the 3.6 & the 3rd radiator is mentioned but the 40th Anniversary didn't get it due to the larger Turbo rads.

BywYBtx.jpg

mRF3Dxv.jpg

NEkiSsA.jpg

QXTeJJU.png

wrClYLj.png

cxaqPE2.png

This post references that there are no scavenger pump listed on the 40th anniversary motor. I have found a car with no scavenger pump on heads, but all other external parts. It didn't come factory, according to build sticker. Car is 2003. But it did have S stamped on engine tag. I will try to post pic.

Phil 997 said:
You dont often see that for sale on ebay :thumb: :thumb:

Sold now. :bandit:

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back