Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 993

993 remap

I've finally got my early 993 C2 booked in at Wayne's shortly - i went to see the place back in Feb and he had a nice 993 turbo in the workshop. He now charges upfront before you come (300 quid) given the amount of no shows he gets and says it takes 3 hours to do a 993, assuming all is working correctly which he checks thoroughly. I'm really intrigued to see what it drives like afterwards, as many on the Forum that have used him for Pre Vario cars say it's more about low speed smoothness and driveability post remap rather than more power, but we will see and if I get some more Bhp then that's a bonus.

One word of advice if you're considering the trip - there's not much around the area - either get a cab and enjoy a decent pub lunch in the stunning countryside nearby while the work is being done or bring a good book.

Tobesetc said:
The important bit is: go to the right bloke - Wayne Schofield at Chip Wizards. He'll spend all day doing a custom remap.

It'll feel much freer revving, with more crack/pop on lift-off. Lots of comment here, use the search function (or use Google to search this forum).

You should see ~8% power increase before/after, that's roughly what I got (so if before you see 275 you should end with about 300bhp). Felt like a new motor. Costs about £500. Do it.

-

cableguy said:
Tramont wheels are very popular in the US. Check Rennlist out for more info, opinions etc.
Tramont here: http://www.tramont.fr/tramont-jantes_en.html
Their Cup 2's are the Speedline RS replica style and they are a true 3 Piece, not 2 Piece. :thumb:

By god there are some ugly wheels on that Tramont site! Their "Fuch" look 18" wheels are more expensive than the real thing.

Tobesetc said:
By god there are some ugly wheels on that Tramont site! Their "Fuch" look 18" wheels are more expensive than the real thing.

Agreed. I would imagine their main income is from the Cup 1 & Cup 2 Replica's, however do bear in mind that their Fuch-a-likes are a 3 Piece Wheel, hence the higher price.

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back