Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

£37k for a 996 CSR?!

MisterCorn said:
Boba fett said:
Fastlane said:
Boba fett said:
Does it say CSR on the Log book ?

No - that would only happen if they manufactured the car from new like RUF.

Then its a 996 with some bits and bobs added.

I think Ill call my 997, hmmm now let me see... a CSRTT. Yep that sounds great. 100k anyone!!

My thoughts exactly. I tend to tinker with my cars a bit, quite often to a greater extent than on that one. Wrap all the mods up under a single a title and perhaps I can make a 996 MC.

MC

Congrats Martin whats an MC edition worth nowadays :thumb:

:floor: :floor: :floor:

I have written on my Log book so mine is now officially a 996 Turbo OMFGLMAOROFL...

1 million pounds before you ask!!!

:grin:

I think it's worth the money if it's what you want, because presumably that's about what it would cost to buy and build, plus it's got some provenance and back up. But it does seem to be largely cosmetic with only the ducktail being really distinctive. Mechanically it's nice, but unless you're going to play with the suspension every weekend is it really so different from a M030 car with a fresh LSD? So my question is how many people would actually want it?
Agree with others that the CSR is best on a 996.1 with more coordinated retro styling and mechanical upgrades. Somehow that seems a more complete package rather than a car plus bits.

I agree, the mk1s look better. The purple one above looks great.

They'll appeal to someone who wants a mint, kitted and fettled 996 but doesn't want the hassle of doing all the work.

Small market though as most of us like to tinker so could create our own if we wanted.

Nice looking things though. :thumb:

I like it, but I like the viola .1 with Fuchs more.

What does a 'top end refresh' incorporate?

g911omr said:
Have I missed something?
Apart from a few bolt on bits and half an engine job, what would make this £37k? :dont know:

:yeah:

You could add the bolt on bits yourself for substantially less money!

Although I tip my hat to them in there attempt to inflate 996 prices :grin:

crash7 said:
g911omr said:
Have I missed something?
Apart from a few bolt on bits and half an engine job, what would make this £37k? :dont know:

Maybe you could but I couldn't. My spanner skills stop at (just about) being able to change the pads and discs. I agree tho, if you're an experienced DIYer you could do the same, if you had the time, equipment and space.

At least it's not pretending to be something it's not (GT3 badged C2s, M/AMG badged bog standard saloons, 'CSL' M3's, RS recreations etc.). For good or for ill RPM are trying to create a brand, some, as is clear from the replies obviously find that laughable, but ultimately if it removes the "if it's modified it's worthless" mentality that can only be for the good? Whether it's value for money depends on an individuals circumstances and requirements.

There has long been a market for these sort of enhanced 911s - think PS or Autofarm's creations based on air cooled 911s, but they are mega bucks and as the donor cars are getting more expensive, it makes sense that people/ companies are looking at the 996/7 platform as the next best option. As Rich (of CLR fame) has shown, they are a great platform with bags of potential.

The fact that 996/7s are starting to appreciate/stop depreciating, but are still relatively cheap is only fueling demand for carefully "enhanced" cars.

As an example, read this recent thread on Pistonheads started by a guy looking at the CSR option - it also has some current CSR owners sharing their thoughts.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=230&t=1733308

Anyone want a GTPhil997 yours for a the poultry sum of 85k :floor: :floor:
You can be sure its a genuine GTPhil997 because I say so :grin: I can add a new MOT for an extra £1000 :grin: :thumb:

but in all honesty I like the car in the OP pic but it seems a bit steep on price considering whats been done to it. :thumb:

Attachments

• img_2466_201.jpg
    img_2466_201.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 2,103
RankBajin said:
crash7 said:
g911omr said:
Have I missed something?

Maybe you could but I couldn't. My spanner skills stop at (just about) being able to change the pads and discs. I agree tho, if you're an experienced DIYer you could do the same, if you had the time, equipment and space.

At least it's not pretending to be something it's not (GT3 badged C2s, M/AMG badged bog standard saloons, 'CSL' M3's, RS recreations etc.). For good or for ill RPM are trying to create a brand, some, as is clear from the replies obviously find that laughable, but ultimately if it removes the "if it's modified it's worthless" mentality that can only be for the good? Whether it's value for money depends on an individuals circumstances and requirements.

It is pretending to be something its not though :nooo: :nooo: :nooo:

I hereby reserve the name "996 Sport Classic" for my blueprint for a modded 996.2 :grin:

Even as someone who generally prefers the look of the Mark 2 over the Mark 1 996, I do think the Mark 1 lends itself more successfully to the CSR retro look.

For £37K I would definitely want a Hartech 3.9L though, not just a top-end "refresh"....and some bucket seats.

Phil 997 said:
Anyone want a GTPhil997 yours for a the poultry sum of 85k :floor: :floor:
You can be sure its a genuine GTPhil997 because I say so :grin: I can add a new MOT for an extra £1000 :grin: :thumb:

but in all honesty I like the car in the OP pic but it seems a bit steep on price considering whats been done to it. :thumb:

Think yours is a one off Phil, I did hear that only one GTPhil997 was made, you are on a right winner.

The MC is also very limited numbers, think just 1 as well, I also have an M3Boba, a ClioFett, and the aforementioned 997CSRTT, oh and the wifes SVR8RRTT Range Rover.

Boba, there are kinda two ways of looking at it .
1/ it is just a stock 996 a nice one but still just stock with some graphics and a carbon duck tail. which is the it is pretending to be something its not .

2/ they never made one from the factory so how can it be pretending to be something its not when that something doesnt exist.

I have no issue with using OE or aftermarket parts to create the car you want with the look that suits you, as long as you dont badge it as something its not
it RPM want to create a brand thats fine and respect to them for that but the brand does need to be clearly theres , the techart GTsteet is an example of another branded look

:thumb:

I can't help but think (less) money would be better spent on a nice C2, Hartech rebuild and a suspension refresh even with posh shock absorbers at Centre Gravity.

Horses for courses though, I like what RPM are doing.

There is a chap in our village who has a 997 CSR coupe with Fuchs and ducktail. Looks and sounds fabulous.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back