Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

White Van Man vs Porsche!

I have considered passing the footage to the police but I've heard from a few sources, included a former policeman that got knocked off his motorbike by a hit and run and had perfect footage, that it's unlikely to be followed up, so pointless...

Plus there's the karma thing, whilst i never drive stupid in built up areas i have been known to ahem 'make progress' myself in NSL areas and live in fear of dash cam warriors...

If it's been untaxed that long, I'm surprised it wasn't towing a caravan...

What a pr8ck !

Good job the white range rover was on the ball and didnt make a hasty right turn , that would have been messy.

Nice to see the yellow mk1 fiesta though.

branko said:
When the 911 comes to a halt what's with the rear lights?
LED lights are turning on and off many times a second and what is happening here is the synchronisation of the frame rate of the camera to the on/ off sequence of the LED lights. Much in the same way a helicopter rotor can appear to reverse itself on film.

Thanks for that! Thought it was some sort of emergency stop lighting display!

branko said:
Thanks for that! Thought it was some sort of emergency stop lighting display!
There is also that feature as well when you really stamp on the brakes. Someone posted a pic of my car where the 3rd brake light was illuminated, but the regular stop lights whereby on. Checked them to make sure but just a bit of luck to get them both during the off phase.

Jealous prick .. ive had 3 in large vans in as many weeks , the last one this morning 5 feet off my bumper in a 30 mph zone , i slow down to a stop and just sit there blocking the road, no matter how many cars are behind me i dont move until their heads are about to explode , they cant go forward or backwards .

Well done for not reporting him, Karma and all that :grin:

I had a similar thing last year, an Astra Turbo nutter thingy decided to overtake me in the 996 in my local town centre approaching a Pelican crossing with a central bollard/island just before it. I was naughty though, I tickled the throttle in 1st gear just enough to stay parallel with him and he ended up facing oncoming traffic while on the wrong side of the road sat at the Pelican crossing and red lights, probably about a 100 people were staring at him and he didn`t know what to do :hand:

Never happens in the Boxster though :dont know:

***** will be ***** :judge:

maldren said:
PeterS said:
I love the comment on the youtube clip from RobloxianSuperNerd_gamer YT iib

"It's a fact ur supposed to black the number plates out"

Is this a factual fact, or a made up social media idiot fact?

:rhetorical:

I am suprised it didn't have a towbar though.

What does he mean by "it's a fact"? I think he really means it's some sort of rule or law but English language clearly isn't his strength so we can't be sure! It certainly isn't a fact, a fact is something that is known to be true.

It's a nine year old :grin: my son posts stuff on my you tube "channel", it's one of his school friends who follows him (me) ....

I'll be picking him up on poor grammar at next parents evening :floor:

askgeez said:
maldren said:
PeterS said:
I love the comment on the youtube clip from RobloxianSuperNerd_gamer YT iib

"It's a fact ur supposed to black the number plates out"

Is this a factual fact, or a made up social media idiot fact?

:rhetorical:

I am suprised it didn't have a towbar though.

What does he mean by "it's a fact"? I think he really means it's some sort of rule or law but English language clearly isn't his strength so we can't be sure! It certainly isn't a fact, a fact is something that is known to be true.

It's a nine year old :grin: my son posts stuff on my you tube "channel", it's one of his school friends who follows him (me) ....

I'll be picking him up on poor grammar at next parents evening :floor:

what was even funnier was his response

"RobloxianSuperNerd_gamer YT be quiet super nerd"

:thumbs: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back