Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Manual cars scarce!

BChivs said:
My biggest surprise is the way the market is swamped with tiptronic cars! :dont know:

There seems to be a fundamental disconnect between the proportion of the new (1st owner) market that wants manual and the corresponding demand ratio in the 2nd hand market and it has been this way for a fair while now. It is practically at the point now where it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy in that there are now people buying manuals as much for the stronger residuals as because they actually have a preference for them, so there is even a potential cascade effect brewing there. :?:

T8 said:
BChivs said:
Ideally I'd like a sub 50k car with a manual box up to £48k for a 996 or up to £55-58k for a 997.

I doubt very much if you'll find a sub 50k mile car within your budget. It's mileage that really makes the difference in value.

This one seems like a reasonable compromise.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...&aggregatedTrim=997 Turbo&make=PORSCHE&page=1

59k miles but only £54k.

Worth a look but definitely needs a PPI.

This car has been For Sale for a fair amount of time now. Came on at £55995, dropped by £2k and still not sold. Any ideas why it's hanging around??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back