Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is my 997.1 Carrera Worth a great deal?

REKX

Hi guys,

just need a bit of advice on how to sell my 997. It is 997.1 base Carrera, tip and 86k mileage full service history. 2007. Tiptronic auto gearbox.

I have got a few of "upgrades" though, like the LED lights tail lights, LED front lights etc.

I've been offered around 18.5k from a BMW garage, is this fair or low?

To be honest I paid 20k, about 3 years ago, so I was pretty pleased with that because most cars I owned before depreciated like mad.

Would you advise I just do part ex, or try sell for a bit more private sale? Is it worth the agro of people coming round, test driving it, then never hearing from them again, and the worry of accidents or scammers?

Reason for my sale is, I planning to change jobs and start my formal teacher training, and as I will be required to drive to schools quite far away I'd like to upgrade my old 3 series to a 6 series. And then buy back a Porsche 981 or 991 Carrera.

Appreciate if you guys have experience of this and possibly recommend how to go about this.

Cheers.

That sounds like a very fair price for a hassle free sale.

Obviously you might get a few bob more by preparing an ad', waiting for phone calls, staying in for someone to arrive, dealing with tyre-kickers and test pilots, negotiating with someone who starts at less than you've already been offered but ...........

Good luck either way. :thumb:

T8 said:
That sounds like a very fair price for a hassle free sale.

Obviously you might get a few bob more by preparing an ad', waiting for phone calls, staying in for someone to arrive, dealing with tyre-kickers and test pilots, negotiating with someone who starts at less than you've already been offered but ...........

Good luck either way. :thumb:

Ah, I was expecting something like 13-16k.

And yes I am very busy with the upcoming career change at the moment. And I would be very worried about people abusing the car, and test drivers probably wouldn't have a great level of cover.

It is going to hurt to be without a Porsche for about a year or so, I know that may come across as sounding incredibly condescending, but it is how I feel.

A £1.5k hit for 3 years 911 ownership isn't bad is it. It confirms how values have gone up in the last couple of years.

Part-ex certainly seems the best way for you to go. :thumb:

It is fair, not great but fair , I would have thought 20k for an easy sale on a car with around 80k miles and 21/22k if you sold private or into an Porsche indy on px for a much more expensive car. a lot will be based on what you knocked him down on the one your buying and what margin he has in the car your buying. if your busy and he has the deal on the car you want then personally I wouldn't mess around trying to get another 1k or so. especially if your buying a beemer as your going to suffer much higher depreciation on that anyway so whats another 1k :grin: :thumb:

Interesting. In November 2016 I sold my 2004 registered 3.6 997 to the Liverpool BMW dealership for the same price. It wasn't part of a PX, just wanted to sell up as it was coming up to its 12 year major service & when it was last at the OPC for an air con regas (turned out to be a leaking condenser at £600) they highlighted coil packs & tandem pump cover needed attention quoting some £1500 to repair. Having recently taken early retirement my financial position had changed & I didn't want to be throwing money at a car with a history of IMS failure & bore scoring.

You could always list it on here for £19k and then try and haggle some off with the dealer for no trade.

I think it's very fair. Base non S car, tiptronic and highish mileage all count against it and limit it's appeal.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back