Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre and Alloy protection package insurance-OPC

keendean

Monza
Did anyone take the £500 tyre protection and alloy scuff protection out?(OPC)

Three years, five tyres replaced, and five alloy repairs five max. Each repair and tyre can't exceed £300. I've a polished edge on my alloys, so this seems an OK deal. I'll cover 3-5k miles per year. I've had a rear puncture and a new tyre on my last 997 C4S. Does not seem a bad deal? As long as the alloys are fixed well, but would be by the local OPC garage/smart.

keendean said:
Did anyone take the £500 tyre protection and alloy scuff protection out?(OPC)

Three years, five tyres replaced, and five alloy repairs five max. Each repair and tyre can't exceed £300. I've a polished edge on my alloys, so this seems an OK deal. I'll cover 3-5k miles per year. I've had a rear puncture and a new tyre on my last 997 C4S. Does not seem a bad deal? As long as the alloys are fixed well, but would be by the local OPC garage/smart.

Dean just check the T&Cs from the sound of it you have diamond cut faces on your alloys , these can only really be redone once then you will have to settle for std refurbs. the advantage of the tyre warranty will be that time when you get a puncture and pump in the gunk as no spare this will mean they will have to supply you a new tyre when you get to the OPC as the gunk filled one is not reusable or so they love to tell us :grin: payback time :floor: so one puncture and a couple of refurbs and you have saved the monkey spent on the cover.

My new tyres come with a manufacturer warranty and the local alloy place is only £65 per wheel, fully stripped and redone.

alex yates said:
My new tyres come with a manufacturer warranty and the local alloy place is only £65 per wheel, fully stripped and redone.

Thats those up North prices agin Alex, trade price is more than that down South for a proper job like Lepsons.

These are the guys.......some of the best in the business:

http://www.diamondrimsltd.co.uk/

You will pay yourselves these high salaries down there, that then governs property price, cost of living, etc. :wink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back