Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cosmetic makeover - on point or on crack?

My view is go for it. As already said you can easily revert.

I'd also echo what has been said in that the wheels and ride height will make or break it. That's true even on a standard car but even more important on a modified car.

You need aftermarket wheels and a low (not chav low or stance low, but low) ride height.
I think the lairy bumpers will look too extreme for factory wheels.

Just my 2p worth though. :thumb:

gt40r-track-car.jpg

Thanks all,

Demon I think you've got it in that the seal grey is the issue or rather will become an issue as all the different colour combinations I've tried just aren't quite right. This combined with the reason I went for the grey in the first place, being I think it's the most stylish colour in an understated way maybe it would be crass to mess with it?

So yes the best thing would be to wait until I can go all out and have a white wrap and some different wheels then proceed as planned but this will have to wait for a while.

I'm definitely going to lower it though, I'll do some research as to what springs are best and I've got two more sleeps to make up my mind on the wheel colour!

Set of Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs purchased, I'm going to b busy!

Dammit said:

the seal grey with the red and gold..... prob not

looking at Dammit's post - your seal grey with a lighter orange and "steel"...... maybe(!)

as this thread proves, everyone will have an opinion - as soon as you gain conviction on your own.... go for it! (although almost certainly via vinyl rather than paint!)

but a bold look typically looks rubbish on a standard height car. Soon as the car is lowered a tad it almost invariably takes on more stance/presence that can then take a bolder look... 8)

Here's my GT3. I tried guards red, then signal green and settled for racing yellow. But I am not brave enough to paint the bumpers with it.. :D

Attachments

• alastaro17_209.jpg
    alastaro17_209.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 3,276
All finished and I'm glad I kept it standard as I like the sleek and purposeful look!

Wheels refurbed, new bolts, centre caps and brake caliper decals. Front bumper painted, dings pulled then full machine polish. 7/15mm wheel spacers and Eibach Pro Kit 30mm lowering springs. New front windscreen and correct trim. Front number plate holder and rear wiper delete.

Attachments

• img_4513_161.jpg
    img_4513_161.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 2,992
Very nice!

The lower ride hight improves the look of the C2/C4 so much.

Congrats.

Grey996 said:
All finished and I'm glad I kept it standard as I like the sleek and purposeful look!

:thumbs:

I think it looks nice lowered , that was the best first thing to do. now if you want some subtle colour side stripes and matching door mirrors can easily be removed as for gold wheels I think wiess gold is subtle enough to look good with grey and doesnt look like your trying to hard . :thumb:

Looks good so much better lowered , and probably right chioice to keep standard colour :thumbs:

Yep, looks great. Purposeful.
Is that an Alfa 105-series in the background? 8)

JS1500 said:

Yes that's my new project, a 73 GTV. It had been stored for 14 years but I've got it going and sorted the brakes but I'm going to start striping it tonight. I'm going all in on this one, bare shell build up to a very nice fast road spec.

Grey996 said:
JS1500 said:

Yes that's my new project, a 73 GTV. It had been stored for 14 years but I've got it going and sorted the brakes but I'm going to start striping it tonight. I'm going all in on this one, bare shell build up to a very nice fast road spec.

A dream car for me. Exquisite taste sir! :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back