Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Touch up Paint

Steve997

Need a Genuine Porsche touch up paint pen in Artic Silver Paint code L92U.

Anyone know where I can get one online as tried usual eBay and Amazon with no success.

Not that expensive from an OPC £15 a few months ago , had to be ordered took a week to arrive

Dels tip of the day.

Why a touch up pen which are usually rubbish - find a good local paint factors and get an Aerosol made up this will be paint as used by body repair shops usually £8-£9 for a 400 ml spray can and as it is thinner paint its far better to use by building up a few coats to the correct level using a good quality artisit`s brush instead of the mini scrubbing brush you get in a touch up stick.

Del.

I just need to fill a stone chip. Used non genuine paint before on other cars and never found it as good a match as the Oem supplied paint.

Only reason I want it online is visiting the opc dealer is a bit of a journey so getting it posted is much easier.

Anyone recommend anywhere online ?

Chipex is always reckoned to be a perfect match.

NB: OPCs will happily post items to you.

Good suggestion. Cheers will ring OPC tomorrow and see if they will post.

Wilmslow OPC post out.

Cheers Alex. I ve bought from them before so will give them a call

Interesting re: Tip of the day

I bought the OPC touch up paint for my OPC approved body shop to use (they still use the thin paint brush method to build up the layers) but suggested as the paint was thicker (cellulose based?) the touch up paint was better to use than the normal (water based?) paint which is thinner, that they'd obviously use for spraying panels.

The rattle can paint is cellulose based though - so a good suggestion, I guess its just down to the colour match

Steve997 said:
Good suggestion. Cheers will ring OPC tomorrow and see if they will post.

OPC Reading would not post my touch-up. Some health n safety thing. Still gave me an excuse for a little drive and a posh coffee in the showroom.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back