Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

£50k 911 - which one?

NickHappy said:
jkeith said:
Yesterday, I helped a friend to find a very nice 997.1 turbo, 2008 car with Porsche warranty, private sale, just over £50k with 45k miles and full service history.
Excellent value, minimum risk and maximum pleasure!

It's a nice problem to solve but only the buyer can decide.

Cheers, Keith.

Nice find, manual or a tip??

It is a tip, basalt black with black interior and some nice optional extras. The hub bells need a paint and the wheel centre caps are a lttle crusty, that's all!

Cheers, Keith

According to the owner of Hexagon Classics, the 997.2 is the best 911 to date and will be the one to keep given VW got involved in the 991 :dont know:

TrevS said:
Thanks for the replies guys, it's really got me thinking now and I can't wait to start the hunt. I am based in the midlands, near Rugby Warwickshire so please point me in the direction of any local meets

Trev

Welcome to the forum Trev.

The Independent Porsche Enthusiasts Club (TIPEC) meet on the first Wednesday each month from 6:30 at the Packe Arms in Hoton, near Loughborough. We're a friendly bunch.

There is a Facebook group for east mids region.

Also;
Porsche club GB (PCGB) meet at the coopers Arms near Derby (can't remember what night). There is also a meet sometimes at the Bulls Head in Meriden, nearer to you. (Again, can't remember details, some guys from here go along)

Hope you make it to one of them :thumb:

James

Phil 997 said:
FZP said:
I don't think you can go wrong with a 997.1 Turbo or a 997.2. The C4S maybe the one to go for as it's got the J.Lo hips. But they're 2 different experiences for sure.
BTW Trev, if you see some "intetesting" comments come up relating to your name and the sale of a number plate in the future, it's got nothing to do with you. The gist of it that someone suggested a number plate that they had for sale at a stupid amount, read a certain way and then it became a free for all and suggested it looked more like Trev than it did what he was claiming.
Good luck with the search. Dependant on where you live you could rock up to a meet and chat to owners from here about the real world experiences of owning each of the cars above. :thumb:

Frank , well said you just know the TREVOR number plate thread will be mentioned :grin: :grin: :thumb:
Its been a while since we've had a chancer with a "unique and valuable reg" pop up here. :grin:

A nice 996 4S, Hartech 3.9 rebuild, and £10k at least in the bank... :D

TrevS said:
Hi all

I've decided that I want a Porsche 911 as I currently have a 1967 Jaguar E-type S1 that is just not getting the use it deserves and as I have a young son I'd love to be able to find a car that is more usable with the family and the 911 seems to offer everything I currently want in a sports car.

The problem I am having is knowing what 911 is the one to go for. I initially decided on a 997.1 C2S, looking around £30-35k as they seemed to offer everything I am looking for and seem like good value. However I've been doing some research and after reading a number of threads about IMS failures I started to think maybe I should raise my budget and look at a 997.2 C2S.

However good 997.2's seem to be commanding strong money at the moment and for similar money it puts them pretty close 997.1 turbos. So the question I have is do 997.1 turbos also suffer from IMS failure and with a budget of up to £50k what 911 would you go for?

Thanks

Trev

If I wa# looking for either 997 or 996 right now , I reckon this ad o here is the best option right now ......I would be surprised if it's not already sold ....

http://911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=8222

Spotted a picture of Chris Harris' 991 GT3 touring last night on twitter, sooo much want, this thing is just about perfect.

DWLU1EDX0AU0hZb.jpg

It got me instantly looking at 991 C2's but am I right in thinking the 991 GT3 uses the wider 4S body? Would it be possible to retro fit the centre lock wheels and bumpers to a 991 C2S or would it need to be the 4 wheel drive. Man maths working over time :D

Also thanks for the other suggestions of 996 turbo and C4S. To be honest the styling of the 996 just doesn't do it for me so would have to be a 997.1 or newer car

The GT3 has the wide body as per the 4/4S. Both well out of budget. :)

NB: The 2S is narrow bodied.

TrevS said:
Also thanks for the other suggestions of 996 turbo and C4S. To be honest the styling of the 996 just doesn't do it for me so would have to be a 997.1 or newer car

Good man :thumb:

T8 said:

I always thought the GT3 was a narrow body and the GT3 RS was the wide body, did it change on the 991 :?:

Boba fett said:
T8 said:

I always thought the GT3 was a narrow body and the GT3 RS was the wide body, did it change on the 991 :?:

:grin: hard to keep up since the camper van and beetle lot got involved , all traditions out the window :nooo:

It wasn't that far from the Beetle 50 years ago.

Boba fett said:

With the 991, the GT3 has a wide body and the GT3RS uses the even-wider Turbo body from what I recall.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back