Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 GT3RS for £135k

FZP

So I've seen this car a couple of times local to me showing Arab number plates. It's just popped up on AutoTrader for £135k. Now not knowing the ins and outs of registering a non EU car, would it be safe to say that on top of the price advertised that you'd still need to factor in 20% vat along with an MOT inspection as a starter? What else would you need to factor in on a decision like this?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201803295061167?atmobcid=soc3

Funnily enough I was going to look into import costs having recently visited some car dealers in the Middle East. I was offered quite a deal on a brand new unregistered lava orange GT3RS.

I see this white one is the rare four wheel drive version!! :floor: :floor:

Which reminds me of some of the poor knowledge that the dealers have in the Middle East - can you spot the mistakes in the attached GT3RS window sticker?
Another dealership had a BMW M4 Champion Edition stating "450bhp from the 3.0 litre V6 engine" (it has a straight 6 with 500bhp - don't think BMW have ever made a production V6 engine). Really bugs me when dealers don't even know what they're selling!!!

Attachments

• img_6161_655.jpg
    img_6161_655.jpg
    951.1 KB · Views: 3,218
FZP said:
What else would you need to factor in on a decision like this?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201803295061167?atmobcid=soc3

Would'nt bother asking this dealer what else is required based on this description... unless that's how they refer to all cars there.

Can export world wide currently on Qatar plate can be register be over seas etc ... worldwide delivery / Please note car not uk registered Orange Full leather interior, Four wheel-drive, Left-hand drive, Pearlescent White.

Going rate for this in Qatar looks to be about £110k, shipping a car over doesn't cost all that much, it's all the taxes that then make it rich and the perceived undesirsbility of a middle eastern car.
How much damage can you do to a car in 500 km. :?:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back