Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Croft Track Day 24th May

Satch

Greetings. Just a heads up.

I've booked myself in for a Track Day at Croft on Thursday 24th May, Might be nice to have a few other Porsche in the mix so if your interested in joining me Head onto the Javelin track days website and book your slot. Its £179 for the full day.

Ill also be doing the dedicated Porsche day at Croft in August, but i fancy a few warm up days leading upto that event.

Im not yet sure if ill be doing it in my 911 or Boxster, I might decide on the day depending on the weather.

Cheers. Satch.

I wouldn't be doing it in the 911, last time I was there on one of their track days it was all beaten up track cars, Ariel Atoms, Focus RS and the like. Quite a few cars went home on trailers, one even got hit in the pit lane by the recovery truck!

Satch
It will be ok just dont go mental :) well not until you've done a warm up lap :roll: , i went to the madness day a couple of years ago where all types of cars were on track for a few hours and it was fine , you do get a few lads in hot hatches who know the track and they aim to show you that they know best but just be sensible and focused and most of all move out of the way when you have to , not sure its your first time anyway ? .

Just a few to many cars on track but it was great fun , really great , (stay off the grass !! ) my tyres were shredded to bits so i would advise some worn ones or track tyres fitted .
My old car took it in its stride but i did feel that i hammered the engine and brakes which it didn't deserve :grin: its got to many miles on the clock and i dont want to force a engine rebuild by going nuts all day however i may do some laps on the Porsche day in August with my old spare tyres on, i might come and watch if there is a few 911s going .

You know Dave i think , he has a lovely 944 and has made a canny youtube video of his laps around croft :thumb:

Can't make the 24th as catching a ferry for a long weekend at the Ring in the 996. Will try and make the August PCGB date in the 944T as it practically knows it's own way around Croft.

Eldavo said:
Can't make the 24th as catching a ferry for a long weekend at the Ring in the 996. Will try and make the August PCGB date in the 944T as it practically knows it's own way around Croft.

I would say "enjoy the ring" Dave but it doesn't sound right :)... nice one have fun :thumb:

double post

No worries lads. I think ill end up taking the Boxster.

It is my 1st trackday and if anything happened i would rather it happen in the Box.

Its also got tyres on it which will need changing soon so possibly ideal tread if its a dry day.

I watched your Vid lastnight Dave looks canny, the ring sounds great i want to do that at some point but ill do a few local trackdays first.

Cheers.

Alastair, I was planning to be at the PCGB track day in August, as a spectator, but will also try and get along on 24th May to see you, if I can get a pass-out from Mrs Porschekit :dont know: :grin:

Al - here's a video from a couple of years back taking a guy out who didn't know the circuit so I'm talking him through the lines. My power steering belt snapped in an earlier session hence some slightly dodgy arm movements - especially in the hairpin!

Am happy to pax with you if you want me too.

https://youtu.be/S6AMZ9VjKBk

Good video that David (only watched half so far) will watch it a couple of times before i head out.

its a co-incidence that i also have a Cayman experience there soon (one of those gift type things) and its a few laps with an instructor and then on my own.

I am a total novice to this but do want to get into it more so ill watch your vids. :worship:

Good video Dave :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back