Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

warranty for a 2013 cayenne

sadman

hi all,
im new to the cayenne forum,i have an old 993 so have spent some time on that forum which has been very helpful,

we recently bought a 2013 cayenne 3 ltr deisel, low miliage for trotting about in and the occasional longer trip with the dogs.

so far quite pleased with it,

i contacted my local porsche centre to get a quote on the porsche warranty,
the main issue is i need to fit side steps for my wife and can see the value in the £1100 porsche ones over the many aftermarket ones avaialble,but if i do fit them it will invalidate the warranty.
has anyone found a warranty company that is worth te spend?
thanks in advance for any advice

Tim

Do you have a porsche warrenty or an afterMarket one ?

If a Porsche warrenty and you fit Porsche tequipment ( running boards ) then its fine .. if you fit non Porsche then you will struggle to get your next warrenty renewal but it wont in its self invalidate a warrenty thats already in place .

As for after market warrenty .. to be honest it wouldn,t really matter .

Porsche running boards are IMHO pretty good and ive seen a " few " aftermarket ones shall we say :)

Porsche warrenty is again imho still the best warrenty to have .

EDIT ..

Re read your post .. you dont yet have a warrenty , go for the Porsche one and if your happy fit the Porsche running boards and its all good !

Thanks DEMONT

I'll investigate some of the other options on warranties before I commit to having to have everything Porsche approved,
They said that tyres and even the battery has to be Porsche approved,

It may be more strict on parts than I want to adhere too.

Thanks for the info.

I similarly have a 993 and 3.0 litre diesel Cayenne. It's a 2010 and I have the Porsche warranty which is roughly £1,000 per year and I have had a few claims including a big one to remedy an oil leak. The Porsche warranty service has proved excellent and I'll continue to keep one until I sell the car (up to 15 years of course).

There is one of the deisel engines on these that can suffer from an oil leak from some engine bolts .. i think its the 3.0ltr 2013 .

Anyways .. at OPC its a majour job with a total engine strip down .. if you dont have warrenty then the bolts can be resealed with out the strip down .. so dont panic if an OPC tells you your oil leak is going to cost circa £8k .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back