Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carrera Black leather interior... what is it?

Donx22

Hi everyone, quite new to the Porsche world.

Finally got myself a 993 which I'm planning to turn into a weekend car/ track toy.

Just a couple of questions about my interior as I am planning on selling it. and putting in something more appropriate for track work!

(firstly apologies of the pictures, they are not great but I took them in my friends badly lit garage where the car is currently)

so from what I can tell its all original, the rear seats look to be in great condition and the fronts have some wear but overall not too bad, judging by the previous owner they have never been treated or cleaned. I dont plan on keeping this interior long so just want to gauge of what anyone thinks its worth or if anyone is interested.

its all black leather, door cards, seats etc. they are the soft backs.

I will try to get some better pictures in better lights obviously but I literally don't know where I would start at pricing them so thought id ask people who know a lot more than me!

Thanks

Attachments

• nqfv6180_825.jpg
    nqfv6180_825.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 2,194
  • gqyj7382_209.jpg
    gqyj7382_209.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 2,194
  • mycu1756_777.jpg
    mycu1756_777.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 2,194
  • nmyo0036_190.jpg
    nmyo0036_190.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 2,194
  • kqcf3474_143.jpg
    kqcf3474_143.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 2,194
  • wnfg0372_129.jpg
    wnfg0372_129.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 2,194
  • wnfg0372_163.jpg
    wnfg0372_163.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 2,194
You have a pm

Black is definitely the colour of choice, so interest will be more likely.

They are the earlier softback sports seats. IMO comfier than the later hardback sports seats, however not nearly half as desirable for some reason.

There's a seller on ebay that's been advertising a pair of these seats for well over a year on and off. They are fully reconditioned and look lovely but they've had no joy at £1850, so it's hard without an actual auction sale to know what they're genuinely worth.

I've sent you a PM as i'd be interested once you have a figure in mind.

C.

Thanks,

Under no illusions, the front 2 seats the not in the best condition. Need o give them a good clean and conditioning and see how they come up. Quite a lot of dust and drivers seat is more worn than passenger. Looks like no one has ever been in the back.

I will let you know how they turn out after a given a good clean!

Donx22 said:
Thanks,

Under no illusions, the front 2 seats the not in the best condition. Need o give them a good clean and conditioning and see how they come up. Quite a lot of dust and drivers seat is more worn than passenger. Looks like no one has ever been in the back.

I will let you know how they turn out after a given a good clean!

Looking at the slight bolster wear on the drivers seat and the usual wear/creases on the front seats, you're probably best leaving as is. Whoever buys them will more than likely refurbish themselves or have them professionally re-coloured/connollised. Either way, keep us posted. :thumb:

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back