Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brakes

MAZI

Need brake discs on my 997.2.
I am considering skimming the discs as long as they have not been done before (how will I know??)
Euro list Pagid and Sebro. Never heard of Sebro?? Any thoughts
Also what are my other options as I imagine Porsche even on trade price will be extortion money!?!?

I've just ordered a pair of Pagid (I always use Pagid) front discs for my 996 from carparts4less (Euro Car Parts) with discount code April12 for £91 delivered. I wouldn't bother skimming as you'll be soon buying new discs anyway.

Sebro are what get put in the Porsche boxes then sold at twice the price IIRC.
Why do you need new discs?
An on car skim is the option if the discs are scored or rusty but don't have a big lip on them I.e. do there's enough meat left on them to skim them down flat. It's under 100 for a skim per axle, so depends how expensive your discs are, 996 discs are so cheap it's barely worth it, don't know about 997.2
You should consider new pads with new discs. If you skimmed the discs the same would apply, there should be virtually no labour to fit new pads as calipers have to come off to skim discs.

Check the minimum thickness and measure the discs. I expect you'll replace rather than skim.

Don't skim. I priced up 997 turbo disks on Carparts4less (with the 12% discount) for less that £100 per disk (Serbo)

I can get them skimmed from a local machine shop for about £25 a corner.
I know some garages have these machines which skim the discs whilst still on the car which is a lot more expensive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back