Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front Aero Splitter - Now Fitted to Aero Bumper

DucatiRob

Hi Chaps! Have just ordered an Aero front bumper from Teile, good price via ebay with a best offer :D . I had wanted to order the kit from an OPC, the prices are good with the 911uk discount but there seems to be a worldwide shortage at the moment, they are taking orders but can't give a delivery date, so now need to get the splitter and intake frames separately.

I've asked Teile for a price for the parts bundled with the bumper, but their comms are pants and can't get an answer from them, plus the prices direct from their site aren't great when you factor in shipping! Anyway, found this on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/05-09-Po...272330?hash=item1ed49ff7ca:g:ovsAAOSw~OdVYlqw

Good price and PU, so guessing it's made by the OE supplier. Anyone have any experience or bought one of these?

I found Tom at Teile really responsive for my Aero kit

tell him you seen this and does he have anything else to offer.

you need some grill bits as well.

Personally get the smaller splitter as its really easy to damage it

robbiej said:
I found Tom at Teile really responsive for my Aero kit

tell him you seen this and does he have anything else to offer.

you need some grill bits as well.

Personally get the smaller splitter as its really easy to damage it

Will try them again tomorrow, but might be too late to get shipped with the bumper! though! Need the parts soon as need to get sprayed before Dinslaken trip!

The pics of the parts aren't great on the Teile site, hard to see the difference between the different types of splitter.

robbiej said:
make sure you strip the paint it comes with

Don't worry, I will prepare it myself before it goes off for painting. I would paint it too if it wasn't for bashing the edge of the passenger door that now needs sorting out, just don't have the space for the whole car under cover to paint the door.

Re: Front Aero Splitting

DucatiRob said:
I've asked Teile for a price for the parts bundled with the bumper, but their comms are pants and can't get an answer from them,
I think I was doing Teile a disservice, it was the communications via ebay that was the problem, really quick response from them via email and now sorted with the intake frames and all being shipped today!

Just need to find a decent bodyshop now!

Hi Rob,
Make sure you dont buy the cup front lip as its deeper and one of the guys down here is always having to stop and clip his back in as it catches everything

Rob, note the one in the link made of PU I am pretty sure is a cup lip , I really advise against that mate it will just be a pita for you.

there seems to be three types the regular aero/gt3 lip , then there is one thats deeper but still has the two air ducts lastly theres a third thats deeper with no air ducts not sure but one may be cup and the other RS :thumb:

Stuart said:
+1 for Riveira, Ty painted my GT3 bumper (and cut the RS vents), did a perfect job.

:thumb:
Likes his Porsches too.
Was running a lovely looking Targa last time I was over.

Phil 997 said:
Hi Rob,
Make sure you dont buy the cup front lip as its deeper and one of the guys down here is always having to stop and clip his back in as it catches everything

Rob, note the one in the link made of PU I am pretty sure is a cup lip , I really advise against that mate it will just be a pita for you.

there seems to be three types the regular aero/gt3 lip , then there is one thats deeper but still has the two air ducts lastly theres a third thats deeper with no air ducts not sure but one may be cup and the other RS :thumb:

Phil, thanks for the info...too late unfortunately I ordered it today :pc: just had a quick look into this and pretty sure the cup one is the type without any vents, but you could be right, it might be the deeper one! My car is not yet lowered (only a matter of time as saving up for Ohlins R&T :D ) so hopefully it will last for a little while!

Should have sorted this out ages ago but with my audio install taking for ever, coil pack problems and bashing my door :damn: having try and get everything sorted before Dinslaken!!

jonno_ said:
Rob, about 1hr from you but very highly regarded is Riviera Autobody.
www.rivieraautobody.co.uk

Might be worth a call.

Thank you Jonno, appreciate this, I will definitely keep them in mind! By chance today I popped into a place just down the road from my work that I knew about but had never considered, surprised to see they are right next door to a place that restores old 911's and found they do all the bodywork for them! Had a lovely '68 911S plus a few other nice cars, so looking good! Unfortunatley they might not be able to fit me in for 6 weeks, which is no good for me, waiting to hear back from them if they can fit me in before Dinslaken, if not will check out Riviera.

DucatiRob said:
Phil 997 said:
Hi Rob,

Phil, thanks for the info...too late unfortunately I ordered it today :pc: just had a quick look into this and pretty sure the cup one is the type without any vents, but you could be right, it might be the deeper one! My car is not yet lowered (only a matter of time as saving up for Ohlins R&T :D ) so hopefully it will last for a little while!

Should have sorted this out ages ago but with my audio install taking for ever, coil pack problems and bashing my door :damn: having try and get everything sorted before Dinslaken!!

Rob if your not lowered then it may well last you fine until you do lower it. the guy I was talking about had it on a lowered car, your right the cup one doesnt have air ducts not sure what the deeper one with ducts is from maybe gen1 RS :thumb: :thumb: see you at the bar at the tryp mate :thumb:

So my new bumper turned up today, perfect timing as it's booked in for painting on Monday! Have just had a quick test fit of the splitter which appears to be about half an inch too short :eek:

Has anyone fitted one of these themselves? Any cutting/trimming needed? Is there a knack to how it slots in?

I started fitting it from one end, the tabs don't seem to push in all the way in some places which is why I'm thinking the PU may need to be rimed a little, although if this really is an OEM part I wouldn't expect to need to trim the splitter to fit!

DucatiRob said:
So my new bumper turned up today, perfect timing as it's booked in for painting on Monday! Have just had a quick test fit of the splitter which appears to be about half an inch too short :eek:

Has anyone fitted one of these themselves? Any cutting/trimming needed? Is there a knack to how it slots in?

I started fitting it from one end, the tabs don't seem to push in all the way in some places which is why I'm thinking the PU may need to be rimed a little, although if this really is an OEM part I wouldn't expect to need to trim the splitter to fit!

Rob sadly it sounds like that same issue the guy had down here, nasty replica piece , mate honestly send it back it will give you no end of problems falling off.
dont get into a debate with the seller as he's not very responsive. He really really shouldnt use the word OEM in his ad as its not, its OEM style.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back