Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Vesuvio(us) Metallic 911 996 C2

ZOIlvtY.jpg

A couple of months ago on wedding duties!

very nice - great to see another versuvius grey

like the wheels

if anyone is really taken by the colour - my 996 versuvius is now up for sale - track it down in the classfieds

will be sad to see it go but my new 964 is taking all my attention

Attachments

• _dsc4934_smaller_140.jpg
    _dsc4934_smaller_140.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 7,032
Never realised yours is Vesuvius Grey. It's a stunning colour.

I had considered one that was advertised locally, but decided against it due to the lack of aerokit. That same car had since then been transformed into RPM CSR.

Y2K said:
Never realised yours is Vesuvius Grey. It's a stunning colour.

I had considered one that was advertised locally, but decided against it due to the lack of aerokit. That same car had since then been transformed into RPM CSR.

I like it, its a bit different. Can't be appreciated unless its clean and the sun is shining!

Sometimes looks brown, sometimes grey, sometimes purple!

This thread is well out of date.....

I missed air con compressor off the above, a few laps of Oulton Park saw that off: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=93945

Since the MAF... there has been:

Exhaust boxes (Genuine, 1 brand new, 1 with 10k on it)
Front top mounts (again, faulty parts first time)
Rear track arms (TRW)
ARB bushes (genuine)
Dogbone arms (genuine, low mileage 997)
Engine mounts (new genuine)
Battery (tayna.co.uk)
Coffin arms (Meyle)
Window regulator (again)
Radiator
Fan resistors (RS)
Steering rack hard lines (+steering column) See: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=120660
Brake flexis
Brake pipes
Clutch / fly / slave / aos / gb mount and de- rust of sills See http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=124928
Discs and pads (textar)
Rebuilt idle control valve see http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=126841&highlight=
+ usual servicing oil filters plugs etc.

Phew!

Brings us up to date ..... just fitted a genuine 997 Shifter today! Shorter throw than 996, but not too short like the short shifters.

0r4Hd1R.jpg

coullstar said:
Did you use the alignment tool?

No need unless you are fitting new cable ends. I just popped the cables off the old shifter.

Even if you do fit new cable ends, then you can just mark the cables before you remove the ends and put the new ones in the same place.

I didn't fit new ends, but I was tempted to fit a new cable end that fits on the ball of the shifter, the other one won't wear so much. They are just about £13 each from OPC. However you can't replace the gearbox end of the cables, and these will be much more worn being exposed.... so I figured I wouldn't go mad here.

I'm on a roll here.

I like to have a fire extinguisher in my cars. After doing so much work to the car I did not want it to go up in flames and then get ruined by the Insurance company.

I read Dammit's thread http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=123877&sid=23a33242a95040150a94caf7b10921f0 about the OE bracket, and decided the OE kit was way too much, and OE extinguisher is a little small - the bigger the better really.

So I made a bracket to fit an OE style fire extinguisher.

Kidde KSF1GM £20 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000WTKT0U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bent a piece of aluminium:
3QJxWKR.jpg

Bolted up the bracket the extinguisher came with.

Now the tabs under the seat the OE bracket bolts to are not threaded, but I just used some small screws through the hole, and bolted it up with some spring washers.

grdLCGp.jpg

LIdUtRB.jpg

Job jobbed:
c4E2Lcn.jpg

BvdKm7V.jpg

Shame the supplied bracket holds it with the handle out... OE has it handle in.

However I will see how I get on, I might just flip the bracket so the handle is to towards the gearshift rather than the door.

Also, chucked a bucket of water over it:
uC7wxPm.jpg

Scrubs up well. Weird how the camera distorts.

wasz said:
coullstar said:
Did you use the alignment tool?

No need unless you are fitting new cable ends. I just popped the cables off the old shifter.

Even if you do fit new cable ends, then you can just mark the cables before you remove the ends and put the new ones in the same place.

I didn't fit new ends, but I was tempted to fit a new cable end that fits on the ball of the shifter, the other one won't wear so much. They are just about £13 each from OPC. However you can't replace the gearbox end of the cables, and these will be much more worn being exposed.... so I figured I wouldn't go mad here.

Good stuff, thought that was the case but hadn't found someone that has done it. I bought a 2nd hand one so was just going to mark everything up.

My Cabriolet is actually finished in Viola which I haven`t seen many the same and I never got a hardtop with it but then along came a hardtop in Vesuvio for £70 which is not really noticeable as being a different colour except in bright sunlight when the Viola is really purple and the Vesuvio just looks a bit faded in fact I prefer the contrast in colours it makes.

Wasz you really need to repaint the frunk lever its looking a bit worse for wear its easy enough to do.

Del.

Attachments

• dscn1054_135.jpg
    dscn1054_135.jpg
    706.2 KB · Views: 5,175
Delanor said:
My Cabriolet is actually finished in Viola which I haven`t seen many the same and I never got a hardtop with it but then along came a hardtop in Vesuvio for £70 which is not really noticeable as being a different colour except in bright sunlight when the Viola is really purple and the Vesuvio just looks a bit faded in fact I prefer the contrast in colours it makes.

Wasz you really need to repaint the frunk lever its looking a bit worse for wear its easy enough to do.

Del.

Viola is very cool. Is that the millenium edition colour? I wonder how many special order colour cars are out there.

Yes the frunk lever is on the list....but way way down the list....will get there eventually.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back