Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Panamera Newbie- Advice Needed...

Roger Barker

Currently considering my first Panamera (yes it's the boring V6 diesel) as a daily driver.

I've got a 997.2 Turbo S for the fun stuff so looking for something sensible for daily driving. Budget of around 30k (maybe higher for a great car).

I have read what useful info I can find and watched reviews but thought I would also ask here as nothing beats real world experience of a car.

Can anyone with experience tell me what sort of mpg (combined) they used to see. I am reading high 30's to 40, is that accurate? Apparently the figure Porsche give is 43 but take that with a pinch of salt.

I also can't seem to find any clear answer on the service intervals? Is it 2 years? It seems to be from what I have read but not sure?

Any must have options or desirable options? The reversing cam on a car of this size for sure, was that an optional extra or does every car have it?

Thanks in advance

Mpg is really down to how its driven so i cant really answer that .

Service intervals are 2 years or 20 km , Minor then Major etc .

I thought reverse camera was standard .. if not then you need it .. the rear view mirrors are pretty poor .

Air suspension is nice .

Not really any set problems with these .. at least nothing ive seen so far thats consistant across the range .

Big car and the turning circle is worse than a Cayenne , but thats only really a problem for people like me trying to get it on the ramp :D

PM sent as well .

Thanks for that.

Reverse cam would be a must, it really is a huge car.

As for how I drive re: mpg..well, let's just say spirited would be one possibly description :D

Seriously though, any feedback how people find it fuel wise would be good. Had a look on a few forums not much I could find.

I haven't driven one yet but hope to in the coming couple of weeks.

Any known faults or issues to look out for in particular when viewing a car? It won't be OPC but I have generally heard they are reliable.

Roger Barker said:
Thanks for that.

Reverse cam would be a must, it really is a huge car.

As for how I drive re: mpg..well, let's just say spirited would be one possibly description :D

Seriously though, any feedback how people find it fuel wise would be good. Had a look on a few forums not much I could find.

I haven't driven one yet but hope to in the coming couple of weeks.

Any known faults or issues to look out for in particular when viewing a car? It won't be OPC but I have generally heard they are reliable.

Fuel wise it's better than you would expect as, motorway runs will get you easily 40/45+ MPG or higher with an overall average about the 35-40 mpg being expected

The on board computer can be generous in it's calculation

be picky on what you buy, they are slow sellers so get the car and spec you want

downside, lack of rear leg room, too many switches on the centre console, diesel doesnt handle as well as the petrol alternatives

and you can buy a warranty from an OPC after 3 months of ownership

downside, lack of rear leg room, too many switches on the centre console, ..... Really?!?!?

I think there is bundles of rear leg room... no complaints from our familyu anyway!

And also I think the switches on the centyre column are far better than the single multi switch - you dont have to take your eyes off the road to make adjustments, as you know where everything is.

I have the 4S and getting around 25 mpg... more on motorway. Have been really pleased with it.
Reversing cam essential as stated above. The air suspension is very nice - but it can cause probs (mine needed a new compressor)

Cracking cars though! Good luck

Thank again.

Main thing I'm looking for spec wise is a car that does not have black leather, I want the beige/cream leather which is unfortunately rare or at least a lot less common than black.

Colour wise I don't mind too much as long as it's not white :)

Will have a look at a car soon hopefully.

My current daily is a G Class (G350).

Mine has the cream interior (Yachting blue exterior).
Really love that interior... brightens everything. I have to say the inside on teh Panamera is a lovely place to be.

That's actually my preferred combination, blue with cream leather..

They look 10 x better IMO with cream leather as opposed to black shame it's so much rarer.

I have blue Turbo with cream leather and it's a really nice combination.

Don't have the reversing camera and can't say it's vital; the parking sensors do a great job. Bought the Turbo for all the standard goodies (the air suspension is good) and the extra 150 BHP :D. Get 25 MPG average, despite brisk driving/speeds. Take a look at these; they're not much more than a diesel/4S.

Extras I like are the rear blinds (really good for combatting dazzle) and go for the best seats you can find (the standard ones are a bit wide and flat). Sport Chrono gives +10% over-boost, but really 500BHP is enough.

Tremendous all-rounder, the Panny.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJno1
Back