Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

cheap sports manifold for tiptronic 996

queenmonkey

Trainee
Hi Guys, i'm trying to identify a reasonably priced sports manifold for my 3.4 tiptronic 996. According to part numbers the original manifolds are the same for both the manual/tiptronic. However, many of the email listings suggest that most of the more reasonably priced manfolds 'will not fit tiptronic model'. When ive quereid why they suggest that the sports manifold they are selling differs from the OE manifold resuting in a clearance issue for tiptronic models?

Has anyone out there with a tiptronic fitted something that they can recommend?

QM

Hi QM, I have heard this before but think its just suppliers badly wording ads for parts they are happy to sell but dont really understand or maybe just a stock waiver . As far as I am concerened there is no difference between the exhaust system on a tip or a man car.
Alex from topgear exhausts is a forum member and site sponsor send him a PM he will answer your quiery deffinitivly and also may be the cheapest for what you want forum members get 10% of the online prices.

see his details in the topgear group buy in the 996 section

Thanks for the replies guys i suspected as much. The Top Gear manifolds appear to fit either.
QM

Would recommend the Top Gear route - plus you will get some discount as you're a member here.

The part isn't the expensive bit - it was the fitting that hurt the most. Every nut snapped. Think it was a discounted 8 hours of labour in the end

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back