Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Turbo question

MAZI

Trainee
Do early 997.2 Turbos have the Mezger engine or do they all have the new DFI engines??

All Gen 2s are DFi

The Gen 1 and what has become known as the 1.5 have the Mezger based engine.

What is the difference between gen 1 and gen 1.5 and what year was the changeover?
Would it be fair to say that the mezger engined cars will become more desirable as time goes on? Perhaps already more desirable but still too new to reflected in prices.

Late 2008/early 2009 Gen1 cars had the black facia PCM3 and some had the Turbo 2 wheels, both as fitted to Gen2 cars.

Late, low mileage, manual Gen1 cars are already desirable because Manual Gen2 cars are very rare.

The market is currently strong for all 997 Turbos with Gen2s being dearer because they are newer and scarcer.

In time to come ............... :dont know:

Thanks for the informative replies and sorry for continued questions.
What is difference between PCM2 which my 2009 Carrera S has I think and PCM3? Both in terms of functionality and visually?

MAZI said:
Thanks for the informative replies and sorry for continued questions.
What is difference between PCM2 which my 2009 Carrera S has I think and PCM3? Both in terms of functionality and visually?

are you sure yours has PCM2.1 I thought you had a gen2 car so it should have the black PCM3 the 2.1 is silver in 99.9% of cases.

top pic is a PCM2.1 the bottom pic is a PCM3

Attachments

• porschepcm_104.jpg
    porschepcm_104.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,829
  • porsche_pcm_20_cd_set_279.jpg
    porsche_pcm_20_cd_set_279.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 1,829
PCM 2 is basically a huge dead weight in the centre console whereas PCM 3 you can actually use like a modern in car entertainment system. It even does Bluetooth and full postcodes!

tom_nieto said:
PCM 2 is basically a huge dead weight in the centre console whereas PCM 3 you can actually use like a modern in car entertainment system. It even does Bluetooth and full postcodes!
only if you have the upto date opc update, I bought my March 2009 turbo 18 months ago and needed the nav update to get the post code search function.
PCM3 is far better bt for the phone, usb connection for a saver stick full of music with album artist search on screen nothing else needed as most of the time I'm listening to the Kline 👍👍

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back