Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bluetooth and iPod

MAZI

Trainee
Cannot get my bluetooth to connect on my 997.2 with my Samsung Note8.
Any ideas?
Also when I have my iPod hooked up I cannot go into lists and have to scroll though tracks individually which seems a bit primitive??

Do you mean Bluetooth for phone calls or music or both?

It will not play music via bt, only phone calls. There's no trick to pairing a phone, it is very simple (can't remember if I had to enter a code to pair).

Can't help with your iPod question I'm afraid

Phone calls. Wasnt expecting music streaming TBH.
I managed to pair with code but its not working.
Will Porsche centre help me. Car was not bought from them

I overcame the issue with a Bovee 1000 and the OE Yconnector , the phone bluetooth conects for calls and the bovee allows you to stream music bluetooth from your phone either from your stored music or spotify premium. :thumb:

Ah just seen you last post re connecting the samsung , cant help as I have an IphoneX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-pXegzJCmU

I had this problem on my PCM for my 997.2

Apparently there is a internal setting whether it can connect to a IOS or a Android device for the Bluetooth.

I bought the car from a OPC so just requested them to resolve the issue connecting to my Iphone.

but they were going to charge me a hours worth of labour for 15 mins of work ....

Maxi
Can you advise what firmware on both the PCM and Note 8?. When i went from S4 to S7, I gained the ability to make and receive WhatsApp calls via Bluetooth which was a surprise.
I'll try and find the thread about altering settings to see if it helps you at all.

MAZI said:
Cannot get my bluetooth to connect on my 997.2 with my Samsung Note8.
Any ideas? gb whatsapp
Also when I have my iPod hooked up I cannot go into lists and have to scroll though tracks individually which seems a bit primitive??

have you tried to select bluetooth visibility on never because some device can not pair without select option on never

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back