Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman GT4

Boxsey said:
FZP said:
Did you buy the Wilmslow GT4? I had a look round it the other week if that's the case. Lovely motor, Congrats

Yes that's the one. It had been for sale for a while. Up until about 3 weeks ago it was stickered up with bonnet/roof stripes and Porsche script. It was always on my radar and I would have had the stickers removed if I bought it. Their decision to remove the stickers coupled with a small drop in the price suddenly created a lot of interest in it so I decided I had better get in there quick. Very pleased I did. :mrgreen: Will be collecting very soon now.
I had a good look over it the other week and those seats....just lovely.
If it's not too far from you there is the north west coffee catch up in Wilmslow on the 7th. Get along if you csn :thumb:

FZP said:
Boxsey said:
FZP said:
Did you buy the Wilmslow GT4? I had a look round it the other week if that's the case. Lovely motor, Congrats

Yes that's the one. It had been for sale for a while. Up until about 3 weeks ago it was stickered up with bonnet/roof stripes and Porsche script. It was always on my radar and I would have had the stickers removed if I bought it. Their decision to remove the stickers coupled with a small drop in the price suddenly created a lot of interest in it so I decided I had better get in there quick. Very pleased I did. :mrgreen: Will be collecting very soon now.
If it's not too far from you there is the north west coffee catch up in Wilmslow on the 7th. Get along if you csn :thumb:

Sounds good..at the OPC? and what time? :thumbs:

I'm around the Crewe area so not too far away..and it's a nice route from here to Wilmslow via Jodrell Bank. :)

Boxsey said:
FZP said:
Boxsey said:
FZP said:

Sounds good..at the OPC? and what time? :thumbs:

I'm around the Crewe area so not too far away..and it's a nice route from here to Wilmslow via Jodrell Bank. :)
Here are the details of the meet. It's just on the outskirts of Wilmslow.
That Jodrell Bank drive to the M6 isn't too bad when lightly trafficked.
See you on the 7th

911TEL said:
I've had mine for just shy of a year ....my thoughts ..

1. PCCBs are not really required for the normal road use ...I find the steel discs and 'standard'calipers can haul the GT4 to a standstill in any circumstances I have come across in the real world.I find that there is a balance to the set up that sometimes the ceramic option can be too much braking power. ( my Turbo S has them and I tend to have to have a delicate touch when usingit)
Track work the ceramics would be useful. I believe that is where they would be worth the spend.

2.There might be a correction when the 718 GT4 comes out , there usually is with a new model but personally I don't see the GT4 as investment car , it's there to be enjoyed...

3. Sound package plus is more than adequate for the few times you will have any music on ....

4. I have the sports plus seats and find them excellent and very supportive on normal roads . The 918 buckets may be ok for track work but have a high side bolster which is awkward to get in and out of...I found these a real PITA in previous cars .... not for me ....

5. In the last 3 days I've done about 300 miles of the NC500 route ( in 2runs)
Not once did I find the gears 'too high' ...isn't that what a manual gearbox is for to use the gears ... IMHO there is too much credence paid to the video blogs and journos who track the car then repeat the mantra that the gearing is too long ....
Change up / change down .....enjoy.... the road is consumed at such a rate that I just find myself watching the road conditions and swapping cogs .... I don't agree with the mantra.....
6. I don't think you would miss a thing if you don't have the CS package ...
This is for track , use it everyday and you will appreciate the fact that you don't have it .....
I for one know that the seats would detract from my daily enjoyment if I had a CS spec car ......
I had 2 GT3's in CS and tbh if I bought a 991 GT3 it would not be CS spec...

Spyder or GT4 , it depends what you are after I guess , I would have one of each if I could ......can you bear the fiddling with the roof ...?

The GT4 is a great handling car , buy it and I don't believe you wiould regret it
For a moment ....I love mine ....

I also think that the new 718 with 6cylinders & 4.0 litres ...with PDK would be great too!!!!
Colour ... buy what YOU like and don't ever think about the next owner ......!

Good luck ....get one bought ......!

Superb response, thank you!

Since writing the post, I have test driven one (the voodoo blue example at OPC Bournemouth, still for sale @ £85k) and f***ing loved it. Also made me change my views on colour. When you see the "garish" colours in the flesh (blue, yellow, red), they look pretty awesome in my opinion.

Definitely not interested in a Spyder, just need to sell my Cayman now and get in a position to buy.

Can't wait!

phil84afc said:
911TEL said:
I've had mine for just shy of a year ....my thoughts ..

1. PCCBs are not really required for the normal road use ...I find the steel discs and 'standard'calipers can haul the GT4 to a standstill in any circumstances I have come across in the real world.I find that there is a balance to the set up that sometimes the ceramic option can be too much braking power. ( my Turbo S has them and I tend to have to have a delicate touch when usingit)
Track work the ceramics would be useful. I believe that is where they would be worth the spend.

2.There might be a correction when the 718 GT4 comes out , there usually is with a new model but personally I don't see the GT4 as investment car , it's there to be enjoyed...

3. Sound package plus is more than adequate for the few times you will have any music on ....

4. I have the sports plus seats and find them excellent and very supportive on normal roads . The 918 buckets may be ok for track work but have a high side bolster which is awkward to get in and out of...I found these a real PITA in previous cars .... not for me ....

5. In the last 3 days I've done about 300 miles of the NC500 route ( in 2runs)
Not once did I find the gears 'too high' ...isn't that what a manual gearbox is for to use the gears ... IMHO there is too much credence paid to the video blogs and journos who track the car then repeat the mantra that the gearing is too long ....
Change up / change down .....enjoy.... the road is consumed at such a rate that I just find myself watching the road conditions and swapping cogs .... I don't agree with the mantra.....
6. I don't think you would miss a thing if you don't have the CS package ...
This is for track , use it everyday and you will appreciate the fact that you don't have it .....
I for one know that the seats would detract from my daily enjoyment if I had a CS spec car ......
I had 2 GT3's in CS and tbh if I bought a 991 GT3 it would not be CS spec...

Spyder or GT4 , it depends what you are after I guess , I would have one of each if I could ......can you bear the fiddling with the roof ...?

The GT4 is a great handling car , buy it and I don't believe you wiould regret it
For a moment ....I love mine ....

I also think that the new 718 with 6cylinders & 4.0 litres ...with PDK would be great too!!!!
Colour ... buy what YOU like and don't ever think about the next owner ......!

Good luck ....get one bought ......!

Superb response, thank you!

Since writing the post, I have test driven one (the voodoo blue example at OPC Bournemouth, still for sale @ £85k) and f***ing loved it. Also made me change my views on colour. When you see the "garish" colours in the flesh (blue, yellow, red), they look pretty awesome in my opinion.

Definitely not interested in a Spyder, just need to sell my Cayman now and get in a position to buy.

Can't wait!

Congrats Steve. What a car!
I know you will enjoy every minute :bandit:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back