Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Celebration Restoration - Rise of The Silver Surfer

Can you imagine Zingari buying a car that actually depreciates ie a GT4 :hand:

Jcx said:
Zingari said:
It never really was but I hinted I would most likely look to sell it this year to pursue other models and an expression of interest popped up :oops:

I'm also throwing in a pair of lightly used, one owner rose tinted spectacles :roll:

Did 25 bags close the deal Z?

the fabric of the air cooled space time continuum rests on the answer!

Jcx said:
Zingari said:
It never really was but I hinted I would most likely look to sell it this year to pursue other models and an expression of interest popped up :oops:

I'm also throwing in a pair of lightly used, one owner rose tinted spectacles :roll:

Did 25 bags close the deal Z?

I think 25 bags is a reasonable enough deposit :D

Damn I missed this will away, it would have cost me a divorce but I would have loved to buy it .

Its a beautiful car Zingari but I don't think you will be disappointed with a gt4.
If you buy one they are great fun .

Jonttt is putting me off the GT4 now as he says with the aid of Mystic Meg's crystal bollock that I'll do my dough :what:

If only I could have reached that magical figure of 25 bags............... 8)

The new GT4 will be NA (it won't be called a 718 :floor: ) and even at a raised list price will be comparable to a current GT4 so its gotta hit the current market. It may not be launched this year which will just mean those buying have to lose out ? It will all depend on the launch price of the next GT4 :dont know:

This will do Zingari's head in :grin:

Get yourself in a GTS, better for road use anyway and less volatility / risk in the price :wink:

Plus that big spoiler just won't suit your image :eek:

:bye: Silver Surfer

I can confirm that after negotiations with the Z and his unfortunate recent bump to the head which bought on a serious bout of amnesia he no longer recognises the term 25 bags🤔He did however reassure me that after an intense course of medication he expects to be back to his old self in the near future😉

The next gt4 maybe a 4l NA and if so I would love one but the 981 is perfectly useable as a road car . It is great fun on B roads and surprisingly comfortable.

I don't often disagree with you Jontt especially when it comes to prices of 993's but I can't see why a gts is better than a gt4 ?

what sort of premium does an anniversary model command over a regular, in percentage terms?

i think you did the right thing selling, lets face it, to make a profit on a car must be wonderful, all those years of give give, for a dead loss, then you get a chance to get a chunk back, i would have, just like that, sod the critics :thumb:

Nimrod said:
I don't often disagree with you Jontt especially when it comes to prices of 993's but I can't see why a gts is better than a gt4 ?

:hand: Ah yes but if Jonttt had a GT4 it would be the dog's gonads. A gold plated, Govt backed bond, cast iron concrete sure-fire investment where buyers will be throwing more cash at you than you than those gold tokens in the crystal maze.

GTS is perhaps a better all rounder I'll agree. Plus the Boxster has plenty of boot space for the hair dryer :thumb:

:hand:

Of course the car I'm driving is the better choice, its why I bought it :grin:

GT4 is an entry track weapon, on road its not as polished as the GTS IMHO, plus the GTS sounds better and I love the sound of an engine.

Anyway I wanted a roadster so the GT4 was never really in contention. I would love a spyder but the roof would do my head in as I drive 90% with it down but often its up/down several times on a run.

Sorry I won't get to see the 964 again :worship:

I haven't much experience of a gts but I would be surprised if it was much more comfortable than a properly set up gt4.

I had a 718 Boxster s on loan last week and to be honest it was as quick as a gt4 but I didn't really find it anymore comfortable and it sounded shocking almost laughably unpleasant . The jouno's all say how the chassis has improved but I would stick with the 981's all day .

The most surprising thing for me about the gt4 was how comfortable it was and the steel brakes are very good .

You maybe right Jontt but I a gt4 is fine as a daily particularly compared with anything aircooled .

Nimrod said:
The next gt4 maybe a 4l NA and if so I would love one but the 981 is perfectly useable as a road car . It is great fun on B roads and surprisingly comfortable.

I agree entirely here.......I've been on many runs with a buddy in his Cayman GTS.... I don't see his any more or less usable than my GT4 ..... I could split hairs by say he hadn't got the same grunt in GTS as the GT4 but I recognise I'm a bit cautious around raised kerbs and any routes with traffic calming measures ...
One is as good as the other in my book

UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP :eek:

I expect the new owner will break cover on here to keep this thread alive after the shock of travelling north of Cambridge to the 'darkland' where coal and whippets come from. Ecky thump :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back