Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New car...! And first post.

Thank you all for the welcome and kind words.

Phil 997 said:
Big welcome mate , hell of a good looking present you brought yourself for reaching 50 , :thumb: I just got a tie :eek: :sad:
If your runs to the coast bring you Bournemouth way , let me know and happy to grab a coffee and sandwich . lookforward to seeing at one of the meets maybe simply Porsche in the new forest . :thumb: :thumb:

My coast run usually ends at Worth Matravers (I'm sure you know the Square & Compass!) so Bournemouth is not far away. I'll take a look at the New Forest meet.

Marky911

Welcome along!

I'm a massive fan of bright colours on 911s. Miami blue is stunning.

I hope I can buy myself something even half as good for my 50th.
Enjoy it! Thumb

I never thought I'd reach 50, never mind get a new P car too!

T8
Not a bad 911 for your first one. Wink

Lovely colour thumbsup

Tell us more about your previous cars and how this one compares.

My DD is a T5 Kombi and its great for dogs, bikes and work. Previous car was a C43 coupe. It was surprisingly quick, a very nice place to be but felt very heavy.

All sorts of hot hatches but my standout car was a S2000 that I bought new in 2003. Cracking car and nothing has come close since but I've always wanted 911. I see the 911 as my evolution of the S2000 so that's where my comparisons will be.

DRZ911
Have noticed in my local OPC that the paintwork on many brand new cars is less that perfect under the bright lights of the showroom. My own car when it was new 4 years ago had a full paint correction and GTechniq ceramic applied. Still looks as good as new. _

I went down the GTechniq route too. Happy so far. When I'm in my local OPC I notice the paintwork on the pre-owned cars seems better than the new cars half the time.

Great choice in colour and car. I think there's at least one other MB GTS owner on the forum too. Enjoy :thumb:

Lovely car, great intro to the Porsche brand with a "new" GT3, it took me until 60 to buy my five year old C4S.....never looked back.

Congratulations and enjoy driving, you could always come up to the North East if you want to have a run out....the kettle is always on... :grin:

It's too early to really comment on the RWS and performance-wise, as I'm running it in I didn't go mad with the revs but everything seemed fine.
Well, you've got some nice surprises lined up...
The urge to just go and drive the thing is huge at the moment, I'm especially looking forward to some warm dry summer evenings.
I've had my GTS for nearly a year now and still feel the same way. I got it for very similar reasons and have no regrets. Modern cars are just so good.

I know that I'm interacting with loads of computers when I drive it but it doesn't *feel* that way. Everything is so well matched and integrated and it's pure joy to thread it down a gnarly B-road: it just seems natural, not forced.

Enjoy!

Fab car :thumb: and of course the right colour choice :D

Attachments

• 23844868_10156046096577033_4802459070986669581_n_109.jpg
    23844868_10156046096577033_4802459070986669581_n_109.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 5,350
Great first Porsche :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member