Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Rear Wheel Arch Liners

matt_SM

Evening all,

Just wondering how many seperate parts make up the rear wheel arch liners in a 2004 996?

My arch liners cover the front half of the wheel arch only (front of the shock absorber downward to the meet the aero kit. There is nothing rewards of the shock absorber at all so you can see the back boxes. Am I missing a rear half of each liner?

I've checked google images plus the design 911 parts catalogue and it would appear that my car is complete in having the only the front half of the arch lined, but this doesn't look/feel right?

I have this only; 99650457302

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt. Mine is the same and I would think that the back boxes would get rather warm If the were covered in. I have just fitted TopGear valved back boxes and found no evidence of missing liners. Mike

Cheers Mike, that puts my mind at rest.

Best regards,
Matt

matt_SM said:
Cheers Mike, that puts my mind at rest.

Best regards,
Matt

Yep, mine are the same, believe it's normal.

wasz said:
yup they just have a forward liner. Whilst you are there, whip them off, and the lower spats too. They are a bit of a mud trap.

Give the metal body a good clean off and inspect / spray cavity wax in your sills through the inspection holes if you like.

That is exactly my intention - good man :thumb:

Cheers,
Matt

You won't believe how much dirt and road crap build up behind the liners. The first time I removed mine (last year when I dropped the engine) I was able to poke my finger through the lower part of the sill behind the plastic :eek: I just finished cutting out all the rot and welding in new steel... If you're interested I documented the project here...https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/1054125-new-project.html

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back