Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Third muffler/silencer Bypass pipes, supplier list

I've had warranty work done whilst the Sharkwerks bypass was on the car. I'm fairly sure they wouldn't renew with it on, but they didn't refuse work due to the bypass.

Hi Phil,

You need to set up a Porsche mods group facebook page....you'd have a million followers in no time!!

Do you know what the labour charge is roughly to get this fitted via Topgear?

shabs said:
Hi Phil,

You need to set up a Porsche mods group facebook page....you'd have a million followers in no time!!

If they can't find their way onto the forum, then ... why generate more traffic for Faceballs? We need Phil The Man of Mods over here thankyouverymuch. :puh:

Phil 997 said:
FZP said:
I wish I could find the thread where someone said they had confirmation from Porsche GB stating that the bypass wouldn't void the warranty.

I agree its in here somewhere sure it said that only the exhaust wouldnt be covered , I agree you may have to swap it back to renew as it would need to pass the 111 point check but then you just put it back on . Because they are all basically franchises they are going to have differing opinions as they do with prices.

You definitely can't renew with it on....like you can't renew without the OEM battery etc.

Whether it voids the warranty is down to each OPC (and I suspect how well they know you) as they are effectively the gate keeper for the warranrty claims process.....If it's engine related I think it might be an issue. if it's an electric window motor you should be fine!

:floor: :floor: Hi Shabs , hope your well mate and enjoying the gen2 , I cant imagine Alex would charge much and to be honest as with your gen1 if he needs a go pro (which I think he might) then he's very open to a big discount on the fitting and you can drop into mine for a coffee on the way through :thumb: :thumb: give him a call :D and thanks to both you and Max for your kind words re me getting you all to spend your hard earned on mods :grin: :thumb:
I have a fabspeed carbon competition induction kit coming next week to give me something new to discuss :grin: It will be interesting as I always advocated the OE airbox on the gen1 but the gen2 has big rain outlets on its airbox so cant be as true cold air as the gen1 was hence me now looking at other induction options, anyway enough of that and back to better gas exit rather than more air in :grin: :thumb:

Phil,

Absolutely love the Gen 2....the 4s is so much more planted too, I will hopefully be speaking to Alex about this in the next few days, once its booked in we are definitely having a catch up mate, I can't wait!!

shabs said:
Phil,

Absolutely love the Gen 2....the 4s is so much more planted too, I will hopefully be speaking to Alex about this in the next few days, once its booked in we are definitely having a catch up mate, I can't wait!!

Perfect Mate keep me posted, Agree the 4S does stick to bends, had a guy in the car going to a meet he has a RWD and was supprised at the speeds I went into corners on a wet road , I said to him the AWD gives you a lot more confidence :thumb: :thumb:

easternjets said:
I bought the Sharkwerks off one of the members on here, for a Gen 2 Turbo.

It's the mutts!! No remapping, no intrusive drone in the cabin although there is a slight growl when you accelerate gently in 7th and it doesn't change down. My only gripe is the cost for what is basically 2 mtrs of hollow pipe!

is there any difference in sound or air flow performance from this x pipe style and say the Millets 180 degree bend one

I though the whole point of x pipe was to have no restriction of airflow and to straighten out the 180 bend from original exhaust but I see that topped and millets one still has the bend

badbox said:
easternjets said:
I bought the Sharkwerks off one of the members on here, for a Gen 2 Turbo.

It's the mutts!! No remapping, no intrusive drone in the cabin although there is a slight growl when you accelerate gently in 7th and it doesn't change down. My only gripe is the cost for what is basically 2 mtrs of hollow pipe!

is there any difference in sound or air flow performance from this x pipe style and say the Millets 180 degree bend one

I though the whole point of x pipe was to have no restriction of airflow and to straighten out the 180 bend from original exhaust but I see that topped and millets one still has the bend

Have a read of sharkwerks and fabspeeds site as they both have differing views on which is best Xpipe or cross over :thumb: :thumb:

I have already booked my car in for a Miltek x pipe but seeing it still has a 180 degree bend on both sides put me off as I was expecting the x shape style pipe . Will there be any difference? has anyone fitted the miltek?

Actually Miltek have just released an updated version of their x pipe and it is now in the for of an X shape so happy days...ill be going for that

I heard that Milltek just ripped off the Sharkwerks design. That's what Sharkwerks posted on the subject.

badbox said:
Actually Miltek have just released an updated version of their x pipe and it is now in the for of an X shape so happy days...ill be going for that

Do you mean Miltek are now doing cross over pipes instead of the XPipe design :?:

Magic919 said:
I heard that Milltek just ripped off the Sharkwerks design. That's what Sharkwerks posted on the subject.

:grin: yes it seems the gossip is that ABP brought a sharkwerks set and sent it to miltek to copy for ABP to retail cheaper :nooo: Sharkwerks dont seem very impressed by this as it was an exact copy inc the clamps which was only used by them.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back