Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Post-Sale conumdrums with OPC Edinburgh

One of my true 'stories' was 2 years ago when an OPC salesman asked me what air cooled engines were.

They ve forgotten one of the basics

Many Porsche buyers are buying a dream ,

Your dream is perfection,

and you ve been dreaming for probably over 20 years of your 911.

But the OPC sell more Macans than 911's and the salesman don't understand the dream , the product and you,
Your not buying a Macan, An Audi TT or a BMW.

Your making your dream come true.

When you stop dreaming, and when I can't make your dream a reality, I have no business.

Someone sent me a Peanuts cartoon the other day

Charlie Brown what does love mean ?

My dad used to have a black Porsche 911

911AS hasn't told you the part of the story, when he collected his new 911, I met him at the OPC to buy his 997 from him,
I spent 30 minutes cleaning the carpet of his new car in the OPC showroom, because it was dirty and they hadn't cleaned it, I thought it wouldn't of been done right, so bought some of my carpet cleaner with me.

Great ethos and the carpet cleaning bit is priceless :thumb:

mark pearce said:
Someone sent me a Peanuts cartoon the other day

Charlie Brown what does love mean ?

My dad used to have a black Porsche 911

Love this cartoon! :D

Attachments

• img_5688_205.jpg
    img_5688_205.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 113
MJA911 said:
Ridiculous amount of hassle 911_AS, glad its close to being sorted, but as you say, avoiding stuff like that is part of the reason for buying from an OPC. Mistakes happen but its the reaction to them and how they're dealt with that's revealing. It would have taken a single phone call to where I buy from and I bet it would have been the same at Stirlings.

Totally agree. We all know mistakes are going to happen, that's just life! However, as you say, how they are handled speaks volumes about the parties involved.

Mark Pearce would (and has) sorted out issues after one phone call. He really has raised the bar when it comes to customer service, but as he says, when you've worked hard enough to be in a position to buy your dream car, the last thing you want is a product let down by the service. His business, and his character, really are....stirling.

[Sorry, had to!] :floor:

mark pearce said:
One of my true 'stories' was 2 years ago when an OPC salesman asked me what air cooled engines were.

Off topic but amusing nonetheless when I was visiting OPC Reading back in 1999 having a look round, a salesman was moving a nice black 3.2 Supersport Targa that they'd presumably taken in px, with his colleague laughing, saying "what are you doing with that relic".

Its probably worth more now than the entire row of 996s I was looking at at the time... :lol:

mark pearce said:

They ve forgotten one of the basics

Many Porsche buyers are buying a dream ,

Your dream is perfection,

and you ve been dreaming for probably over 20 years of your 911.

Your making your dream come true.

When you stop dreaming, and when I can't make your dream a reality, I have no business.

Mark you sell them .. i fix them but either way we strive to do our best and keep the Dream going !

Neither of us Are OPC though which is where it should start ..

It's a shame people such as the OP have to go through this rigmarole .. it should be correct from the beginning .

If i may .. the Independants of this world have a far better grasp on selling cars than the official representatives of Porsche ... the Franchise dealers .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back