Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Key Remote N/W

kaypaul

Trainee
Since removing and re fitting the lower dash panels on my 997 Gen 2 the key remotes are not working. On refitting there were a few spare leads that i could not find homes for. Could anything in that area cause a problem Oh new battery fitted to the key.

Paul

the PAS (alarm control unit ) is down in that corner .. to the right of the steering column and up a bit .

Spare plugs is never a good thing though .. can you stick a camera under the dash and take a few pictures please .

One thing you can try ..

Put the ignition key in the lock , turn to ign 1 then press and hold the key fob lock button for 5 seconds .. do this with each key .. its how you sync the remotes .

Thanks Dermort
I will remove the lower dash tonight and look for that connection. is it on the steering column or close I couldn't see anything but will look closer
Paul

Try the key sync first , instructions in my first post .

Also if no joy try and take some pictures of the spare plugs .. you can always email them to me if you cant post them here .

[email protected]

A picture helps me an awfull lot to be honest .

The control unit will have a lockable plug , its a bar you raise to remove the wiring plug .

Its above the accelerator pedal , just a visual check to make sure the bar is locked down .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back