Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 coupe to 964 targa...

gunner

I do this every few months. My eye gets caught by something and I deliberate over whether to move on the 993 in favour of something different.

996 turbo, 987 spyder, R8, RS4 have all been considered over the last couple of years.

This week it's a 964 targa. I know it's a step backwards in terms of 911 evolution but I really like the look of that targa hoop and the thought of some semi-open air motoring this summer.

Tell me I'm wrong...

Your opening a can of worms here!

But..

In my opinion your not wrong :D - Do it!

Others will be along shortly to disagree :grin:

Illuminati won't like this chum. They'll be heating the tar and plucking the ducks as I type :hand:

I was written off by the illuminati years ago - aventura tip with non-original wheels, splitter, badge and a blaupunkt?! Subversive heretic...

Any wide body 964 is gorgeous ... probably the prettiest 911 ever.

A friend has an SC targa with a brushed alu finish on the hoop (apparently a factory option, didn't know that)... that looks sensational, and would too on a 964.

Robertb said:
A friend has an SC targa with a brushed alu finish on the hoop (apparently a factory option, didn't know that)... that looks sensational, and would too on a 964.

I was reading a post about taking the 964 hoop back to metal earlier today. Love the look but sounds like a bit of a pain.

Great car to change to :thumb:

..been considering an air cooled after deciding not to change to another 991. Great fun without license loosing speeds....

A step backwards? I wouldn't think of it like that. Each is an experience, each a period piece. (It's like going back to Bach having after listening intensively to Beethoven! Instrumental forces, harmonic language, etc. may have been less 'evolved', but you couldn't argue that the earlier music was inferior.) In my view, the more varied experiences you can have (of any form of human culture, including automotive), the better. That all sounds a bit pseudo, I know...

G2 said:

..been considering an air cooled after deciding not to change to another 991. Great fun without license loosing speeds....

G2 - I went from a 997.1 to my 993 and it is definitely the right thing to do. I have so much fun driving around in it. The air cooled cars definitely have so much character and spirit about them. A friend of mine did a similar thing going from a 997.2 to a 3.2. Both are daily drivers!

pierrebear said:
G2 said:

G2 - I went from a 997.1 to my 993 and it is definitely the right thing to do. I have so much fun driving around in it. The air cooled cars definitely have so much character and spirit about them. A friend of mine did a similar thing going from a 997.2 to a 3.2. Both are daily drivers!

+1
Just sold my gen1 manual 997 turbo and replacing with a 964, you just can't drive turbos, R8's etc etc on the rounds in this country without losing your license, 964's are just beautiful, I'm biased but go for it👍

Fatboy74 said:
pierrebear said:
G2 said:

+1
Just sold my gen1 manual 997 turbo and replacing with a 964, you just can't drive turbos, R8's etc etc on the rounds in this country without losing your license, 964's are just beautiful, I'm biased but go for it👍

Great to hear you are enjoying them boys :thumb: any pictures to help gunner make his decision ?

I remember test driving a zenith 993 c2s back to back with a zenith 996 c2tip in 2000 and going for the 996 :pc: :coat: :frustrated:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back