Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DA polisher for the first time

Don't under estimate the time involved. I bought a Das 6 pro about 5 years ago and tried it out on my 964. It was back breaking work. :frustrated:

I sold the DA shortly after and will pay someone else to do it next time around.

I haven`t been following Detailingworld lately but the Rupes Bigfoot was all the range about 4 years ago.

That all said, its going to be hard to see much improvement on a white car (unless its really bad) so make sure you really love polishing before you embark on your journey. :thumb:

marcass said:
Hi everyone.

I currently polish and wax by hand, on a white car and quite like the results I have achieved over the years, but would like to venture further and get a DA polisher and see if I can improve further.

I would really value the advice of those here who currently use them, both for the one I should get and the pads and compounds I should use.

I found this on Clean Your Car.; http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis...isher/das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher/prod_673.

Do you not use the same polish for a DA polisher than you would have used if doing by hand?

Thanks for your help and advice.

When you wrote this thread, I had just finished polishing my car. Reading the posts that have appeared today is interesting and informative.

I used a "cheapskate" alternative for the first time yesterday.

My car is black and shows (in the sunshine) every minor blemish.

Last week someone kindly damaged the paint on my rear bumper....a large scuff between 2 of the parking sensors.

I set about it with some cutting compound from Halfrauds, adding water to my cloth as it started to dry, thus reducing the particle size of the compound to achieve a better finish.

I have an Auto XS orbital polisher bought a few years ago for under a tenner but had never used on my car (out of fear).

I loaded it up with some Autoglym and gave it a go.......

I used another finer bonnet to finish but found this to leave a lot of "dust" on the paintwork so I finished with a microfiber "mitt".

The results are quite outstanding. Certainly far better than by hand.

I am not trying to say that the finish is anywhere near as good as the more expensive equipment...................maybe this is all you are looking for? :dont know:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back