Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cooling fan problem

martylennox

I've just replaced both cooling radiators and aircon rads on the c4s. Got it bled up this afternoon, wasn't too arduous. I ran the car to check heat in rads etc and took it up to 93deg coolant temp. None of the cooling fans kicked In! Does anyone know what temp they kick in at?
I switched aircon on, needs regassed obviously, to manually start the fans, only the passenger side came on.
Is there a common issue with fan resistors?
I would like to check the resistance of them and manually start both fans, any ideas guys?
I'll post some pics of the job when I get the liners and PU back on again.

Your resistor is buggered. £5 from RS. Full speed only comes on at about 103 degrees, low speed with aircon. Search the forum, it has been well covered.

MC

Could well be... just bear in mind when ordering that the resistor for the 4S/TT is different from the C2/4 ones.

I'm about to fit a new fan... what I thought was a broken resistor was actually the fan.

thanks guys,

any way of manually starting the fans, to check they work? I know the passenger (LHS) works.

Dob a 12v + feed onto the green wire in the photo and ground the black wire to get the fan to run at full speed :thumb:

These fans do have a tendancy to get jammed with debris/stones, so make sure the fan is free to turn by poking it with a screwdriver or suchlike.

zz8c7rU.jpg

Thanks kurlykris, I will try that today :thumbs:

Does anyone have the resistance details for a diy resistor?

Having just swapped a 4S fan, the resistor looks completely different to the NB cars so don't rely on info for those cars.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back