Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lidl CTEK

FredGT3 said:
short-shift said:
Fed said:
Sorry for tardy response. JPSH120 - absolutely correct, saves opening the bonnet, frunk, whatever you call the thing at the front.

I think that may well work for 987/997 generation cars but take care with later 981/991 (and so on) generation vehicles; I think that the feed to/from the ciggy-lighter socket is shut down after 10 minutes or so. So you plug the charger in, all seems fine, you lock the car, turn your back and then find it's been disconnected!

James

It works fine on my 991 and doesn't shut down after ten minutes. Also works on our 986 too.

My 2016 (last of the gen1 991's), does shut down after 10 minutes or so. Wonder if it's dependant upon how the car is set up at the PDI?

Might pick one of these up, sounds like some positive reviews.. I lost my Ctek one and rarely used it anyway, so this looks like a good alternative for a lot less money

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back