Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New car...! And first post.

Piha

So, I've had my new GTS for 3 weeks now but due to work and the inclement weather I haven't driven it much.......until Wednesday, when I had a spin down to the South coast.

The weather was lovely and sunny if a bit cool, so caution was the order of the day in the shady spots. In fact there was still snow drifts restricting a few of the smaller roads on the coast! As the trip progressed it was fantastic to get a better feel for the car and the confidence to grow. It really is a great drive, a revelation in fact and the steering feel and ride is better than I recall any previous cars (new car-itis perhaps...? I think not) I've owned. I'm really really pleased with the colour, although I know Miami blue can be a bit marmite. The interior is a lovely place to be, I'm glad I ticked more boxes than I should have, with the 18 way, leather backed seats just about perfect for me.

It's too early to really comment on the RWS and performance-wise, as I'm running it in I didn't go mad with the revs but everything seemed fine. I changed my order quite late in the day from manual to PDK after my PEC day and I'm not disappointed. The collection went well but I was disappointed with the standard of the paint finish but fortunately I had it booked in for a new car detail and ceramic coating.

The noise is great albeit not as loud as I recall previous iterations of 911's but more than loud enough for me, maybe the colour makes up for the noise a bit...... I was concerned that I would receive a fair amount of negativity driving a 911 but I have found the opposite so far if I'm honest. Lots of thumbs up, waves and grins from other drivers and plenty of small children pointing, waving and shouting. When I got back home I was buzzing and would of happily gone out again for a few hours. The urge to just go and drive the thing is huge at the moment, I'm especially looking forward to some warm dry summer evenings.

It's my first Porsche and I'm no driving god but it's a huge step up from what I have been driving recently. First impressions have exceeded what I thought it would be like, so it gets a 9.95/10 from me.

Attachments

• img_2273_567.jpg
    img_2273_567.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6,092
You're a happy bunny. Welcome to the club.

:thumb: lovely colour enjoy :thumb:

Congrats on the new car. Looks stunning :thumb:
I'm sure you're going to enjoy getting to know it, get to your nearest meets. That car needs to be seen in the wild

Thanks for the kind words and yep, I'm one very happy bunny.

It's my present to myself for managing to survive for 50 years on this blue lump of rock we call home. I have been lurking on here for a while so I thought I'd sign up and say good day.

Piha said:
Thanks for the kind words and yep, I'm one very happy bunny.

It's my present to myself for managing to survive for 50 years on this blue lump of rock we call home. I have been lurking on here for a while so I thought I'd sign up and say good day.

Big welcome mate , hell of a good looking present you brought yourself for reaching 50 , :thumb: I just got a tie :eek: :sad:
If your runs to the coast bring you Bournemouth way , let me know and happy to grab a coffee and sandwich . lookforward to seeing at one of the meets maybe simply Porsche in the new forest . :thumb: :thumb:

Congrats on the new purchase, stunning colour, and welcome to 911uk.

Welcome along!

I'm a massive fan of bright colours on 911s. Miami blue is stunning.

I hope I can buy myself something even half as good for my 50th.
Enjoy it! :thumb:

Not a bad 911 for your first one. :wink:

Lovely colour :thumbs:

Tell us more about your previous cars and how this one compares.

Piha said:
The collection went well but I was disappointed with the standard of the paint finish but fortunately I had it booked in for a new car detail and ceramic coating.
Welcome to the Forum and many congratulations on the new car. It looks absolutely gorgeous. :lol:

Have noticed in my local OPC that the paintwork on many brand new cars is less that perfect under the bright lights of the showroom. My own car when it was new 4 years ago had a full paint correction and GTechniq ceramic applied. Still looks as good as new.

Health to enjoy. :D

I really like the colour, congratulations :thumbs:

Congratulations on your first Porsche (great colour choice) and welcome to the forum :thumb:

:worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back