Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911uk discount at Top Gear exhaust, Bridport for GROUP BUY

Thanks for trying to help anyway.

It would be interesting to know how many finally took advantage of the group buy. Maybe you can let us know when the deal is over?

Pugley said:
Thanks for trying to help anyway.

It would be interesting to know how many finally took advantage of the group buy. Maybe you can let us know when the deal is over?

I was going to ask Alex that question as I was also interested in actual take up v shown interest hopefully enough for them to be interested in doing it again in the future :thumb: :thumb:

when you find out what the little holes are for if anything or if they just get plugged and if so why are they there, let me know as I am now interested for future ref.

Phil 997 said:
MrMoots said:
Hi

Am i too late for a discount code on a pair of 996 sport boxes please?

Thank you

PM Alex at topgear for the code you need ,the group buy is good intil the 24th :thumb: :thumb:

Great, thank you Alex

Hi Alex
sent you a couple of PMs concerning best way to order cats and switchable boxes as the boxes are currently out of stock. Can you let me know best way forward?
cheers

All PM's responded to.

Big thanks to Lee who had his 997 Turbo linked exhaust fitted by us along with new tailpipes. We've just finished editing the video and am happy to now finally have some GoPro footage-

91 997.1 Turbo Linked Exhaust

Reference group buy take up, in total i've counted 37 orders, have also processed some manually. I expect once I am caught up with all e-mails and leads we'll break the 50 mark by the 25th.

Pugley PM me the image please so i'm 100% sure what your referring to.[/url]

Lee's turbo sound great on the vid, finally no more hairdryer :grin: :grin:

The group buy take up sounds fantastic 50 orders expected by the 25th, glad it was good for everyone involved :thumb: :thumb:

TopGear Exhausts said:
Big thanks to Lee who had his 997 Turbo linked exhaust fitted by us along with new tailpipes. We've just finished editing the video and am happy to now finally have some GoPro footage-

91 997.1 Turbo Linked Exhaust

That sounds great - hoping the 996 system will be similar :)

Picture of tapped mystery hole opposite lamda before the cat on 996 turbo manifold.

I have now found the thread size M8 x 1 fine pitch - problen solved and blanking plugs procured. But still dont know what the holes are for??

Alex. I have sent you a pm regarding fitting of the manifold. Some advice required.

Attachments

• 996_tapping_123.png
    996_tapping_123.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,407
Top service from Alex @ Topgear - thanks!

This arrived today...

egMthZM.jpg

Unfortunately my car still looks like this mid turbo replacement and suspension work and won't be back until next weekend to try it out...

a9D7smY.jpg

356D said:
Top service from Alex @ Topgear - thanks!

This arrived today...

egMthZM.jpg

Unfortunately my car still looks like this mid turbo replacement and suspension work and won't be back until next weekend to try it out...

a9D7smY.jpg

That looks like Peters garage in Shotts :thumbs: I was talking to Peter a couple of weeks ago about having him fit the Topgear exhaust for me when my car is in for its service. He hadn't heard of Topgear exhausts then but I guess you will have brought him up to speed nicely, he will be sick of the site of shiny stainless when I get my car in :floor: :floor:

peterzoom said:
That looks like Peters garage in Shotts :thumbs: I was talking to Peter a couple of weeks ago about having him fit the Topgear exhaust for me when my car is in for its service. He hadn't heard of Topgear exhausts then but I guess you will have brought him up to speed nicely, he will be sick of the site of shiny stainless when I get my car in :floor: :floor:

Good spot! Exactly where it is. I haved used Peter for over 10 years now and his work is excellent :)

You'll be fine to send your exhaust to him... Due to 3 significant snow events delaying test drives, diagnosis, transport of bits and backlog of work - also my relaxed timescales the car has been there for a while now. I think Peter will blow an actuator if, a few days before he's finally getting rid of it, I ship a new exhaust for him to fit!!

I like working on my cars so I plan to fit this exhaust myself when I get it back. The job should be significantly easier as the turbos and associated fasteners have all been off. There may be minimal swearage...

David.

Even later, I'm in for exhaust manifolds and back boxes on my 996.2 (unswitched PSE).

Does anyone know how loud the valved system is when the valves are open? How does it compare to the "sports sound" back boxes, when the valves are open?

EGTE said:
Even later, I'm in for exhaust manifolds and back boxes on my 996.2 (unswitched PSE).

Does anyone know how loud the valved system is when the valves are open? How does it compare to the "sports sound" back boxes, when the valves are open?

The aggressive sports sound boxes are louder than the valved silencers with valves open. They are the loudest I am aware of on the market and not for the faint of heart.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back