Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

40K plus C4S???

Jonnywise said:
Bchivs

2006 (997) :thumb:

It wasn't a stupid question and know typically 2006 would be a 997, however the thread is a 996 sub forum discussing 996C4S values....When you mentioned your red 2006C4S I also noticed your profile image is of a 996?? I thought was it some rare late registered car which happens. Ive seen 996C4S's on an 05.

How much do us beards think a good Manual Coupe is actually worth then?

Life was so much simpler when cars just lost you money :roll:

C4s

Bchivs
I dint mention it was a stupid question (peace)

I reckon my 997 is not far of 40k
So surely a 996 is 30-34k ?

But then,it's worth what some one is willing
To pay.ive sold stuff on eBay that has gone far
Beyond what a thought it was worth,normally
To a overseas buyer

So neigh sayers aside, it seems quite conclusive that 996 values are strong....with this in mind, which do you think will be the real chart mover in value - C4S or Turbo? Or will it just be relative?

BChivs said:
So neigh sayers aside, it seems quite conclusive that 996 values are strong....with this in mind, which do you think will be the real chart mover in value - C4S or Turbo? Or will it just be relative?

I think any low mileage, well maintained car will see a rise in value. Those with rare specs/colours the most, as with all Porsches.

There are still a lot of crap cars out there which is muddying the water somewhat...

Percentage wise they mirrored each other through times of depreciation until they bottomed out in value in 2013.

The Turbo appreciated massively during 2015/2016 but seems to have settled back down again with the C4S now following that trend instead meaning the difference between the two has narrowed.

I think that in the longer term the current difference will remain regarding like-for-like (i.e similar mileage/history/condition) cars.

BChivs said:

GT cars will always be in another league.
Then Turbos as they've always been more, have the Mezger and have more performance.
Then for "investors" the C4S as it has nice looks etc.
Then the drivers spec C2 manual coupe, for people who still buy the cars to actually drive. This is the original 911 DNA, rear drive, light communicative steering, narrow dimensions, no nanny aids etc.

Some people only like N/A so the Turbo isn't on their want list. I'm in this group (except when it comes to 964s). 300bhp is enough for the road so I don't need more grunt, I don't want 4wd and I've never liked the Turbos looks.

C4S look stunning without the square rear wing and nasty scoops in the quarters that spoil the Turbo. But they borescore quite readily and are 4wd.

So that leaves the 996.1 C2 for me. My perfect weekend car and the bonus is mine will soon look like my old GT3 which was stunning.

We all have our favourites and we all defend them. :grin:

As for prices and it's why I used speech marks around the word "investors", these cars aren't investment material. They're being dragged up by the whole classic market being mental these days.
Pick up a proper classic car magazine and it will be filled with true collector cars. The amount available is massive.
Some of my mates move in way higher circles than me regarding the cars they collect. To them a 996 is still Porsches worst hour. It doesn't even register.

We are just bottom feeders in the world of investments. :grin:
Even if our cars doubled in value it would be far from a life changing sum of money.
Use them and enjoy them and forget the whole values thing.
If it does kick in properly it only spoils the enjoyment for average joes like us.

:thumb:

Osh said:
Am I the only one who thinks that, if you are going to try and take the pi$$ and advertise a car like that for that price you'd at least get the cracked reflector replaced first....

It just goes to show the contempt that some dealers have towards buyers :pc:

Osh

That's the first thing I spotted too, how can they call it exceptional!?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back