Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gundo Hack or PSE

The bypass silencer looks to be very reasonably priced especially with the group discount, I am interested but have a question, it says on the site that this may trip the check Eng. light & may need re mapping or alteration to Lamder sensor, is that a difficult job to get done & has any body fitted one of these as of yet to find out on a Gen2 997

Hamster75 said:
The bypass silencer looks to be very reasonably priced especially with the group discount, I am interested but have a question, it says on the site that this may trip the check Eng. light & may need re mapping or alteration to Lamder sensor, is that a difficult job to get done & has any body fitted one of these as of yet to find out on a Gen2 997

I think you will find thats just legal jargon to cover the supplier ,I have never heard of the gen2 rear muffler delete/bypass pipes causing any warning light or O2 sensor issues. should be just plug and play . they dont need remapping with this mod, the ecu will relearn the new paramiters within a few miles :thumb:
if your still unsure call topgear HO in Bridport and speak to one of the technical guys there. :thumb:

pcbung said:

Dropped into Gert place on the way back from Dinslaken last year so one of the guys could get his gen2 boxes done, what he does is similer to an internal gundo the car already had the rear muffer bypass pipes and sounded good after wards , not heard one where all three mufflers on the gen2 have had the carnewal treatment that I would like to hear for comparison :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Hamster75 said:

I think you will find thats just legal jargon to cover the supplier ,I have never heard of the gen2 rear muffler delete/bypass pipes causing any warning light or O2 sensor issues. should be just plug and play . they dont need remapping with this mod, the ecu will relearn the new paramiters within a few miles :thumb:
if your still unsure call topgear HO in Bridport and speak to one of the technical guys there. :thumb:

Thanks guys

Paul can also modify the centre box so it looks stock but it sounds like you have an x-pipe fitted.

I was going to get mine done but was offered an x-pipe as part of a deal for some spares last week.

Paul charges £150 for the centre box modification and £250 for the gundo's boxes. Bit of a bargain if you ask me.

http://www.exhaustmods.co.uk/porsche-911-996-977

Les said:
Paul can also modify the centre box so it looks stock but it sounds like you have an x-pipe fitted.

I was going to get mine done but was offered an x-pipe as part of a deal for some spares last week.

Paul charges £150 for the centre box modification and £250 for the gundo's boxes. Bit of a bargain if you ask me.

http://www.exhaustmods.co.uk/porsche-911-996-977

Les surely then your up to 400, with as the name suggests a hacked up old exhaust. I know you'd need to fit the Topgear system, but that would be £760 for a brand new stainless system? (Before the 24th lol)

For anyone in the know, taking an extremely quiet 997.2 I currently have, how's the Topgear switchable system going to sound, presumably better than the ORM gen 2 PSE ? And Where would the switch be?

spongebob squarepants said:
Les surely then your up to 400, with as the name suggests a hacked up old exhaust. I know you'd need to fit the Topgear system, but that would be £760 for a brand new stainless system? (Before the 24th lol)

For anyone in the know, taking an extremely quiet 997.2 I currently have, how's the Topgear switchable system going to sound, presumably better than the ORM gen 2 PSE ? And Where would the switch be?

I've just been on the TopGear site and for a 997.2 its £950 for the main boxes and £299 for the centre box without fitting, so if add say £150 for fitting and its a £1,000 more expensive.

There is nothing wrong with a gundo but its done for exhaust note only. whereas fitting a lighter faster flowing stainless steel sports exhaust will add BHP as well.
re SBSP question about button fitment if you already have a PSE then the buttons there if not the options are but a button panel with the pse switch and get it connected up which is doable or run it of the remote key fob supplied with the exhaust , I leave my key fob in the cubby under the ac unit. to be honest its nearly always on loud so I dont use the fob that much only if going out early morning as the cold engine note is quite loud on start up until the revs drop :thumb:

topgear have a 20% off internet list price group buy running at the moment for 911uk members its in the 996 sub forum but open to all models . you need to send Alex from TG a PM he will supply you a promo code to use at check out
it finishes on the 24th so if your interested dont hang about :thumb: :thumb:

The problem with any exhaust I find is you don't know what it sounds like until you hand the keys over to someone else, my carnewal sounds just like the Top Gear SS I had on my 996 from the inside but outside it's a different animal.

The problem I had with my 996 TopGear system which took months to solve was the "fart" sound, the GT3 tips I had on caused some kind of air "issue" and the car just sounded like it was farting all the time. I sorted myself with some standard exhaust tips. At one point I was running without exhaust tips which looked awful but sounded much better.

You right tips can play a part in the sound , some tips come with a honeycomb on the inside some are smooth its all done for a reason , I was told the honeycomb is again supposed to help with reducing crackles on overrun.
I dont know for sure as my set up has honeycomb and crackles and pops constantly but maybe without it they would be OTT
:dont know: :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back