Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My GT3 restoration and upgrade thread

Hi fellas, OK, the system is a complete system, manifolds, silencers the lot, so no OEM parts used at all. The cats are 200 cell.

I have to say, the exhaust is quite civilised, at the sensible end of the rev range, its got a nicer, deeper note than standard, but it does really pick up and scream when you get over 5 or 6 thou.

I am having my first proper drive in it tomorrow ( will be up at 5.30 to make the most of the empty roads) So will report back after.

Car looks great Mark.

Have you tried the E88s yet? What centre did you go for and can you feel much of a difference?

Quite tempted by some lighter wheels.

Been really busy at work and away with the family over Easter, so no chance to sort the wheels out before now. Finally got them fitted this weekend, but no proper drive yet..... Hopefully next weekend if the weather is good.

Will post up some pictures in a few days. I went no centres, kinda like the look, the 9 inch fronts just rub the liners on full lock when maneuvering slowly, but a quick test drive gave no rubbing in normal driving, so hopefully no problem there. The size of wheels and tyres was recommended by some knowledgeable people, so it should be fine.

So finally had some garage time and some driving time, pretty pleased with the results...

Here is a close up of the front wheel, showing the studs I have got instead of the standard bolts, for a bit of extra race cred...

And here is close up of the car on Sunday on a blast out to the Cotswolds with YASc4s to meet Gooner ( MK2 Clubsport) from these boards and enjoy the sun and roads.

All the cars in a row:

Hey nice :thumb:

Awesome morning blast through the B roads in Cotswolds! Great to meet the GT3 crew! Mark your SY GT3 is something else, those BBS's :thumbs:
Amazing car!! You all have to hear that mezger engine rev up :eek:

More Porsche adventures soon :)

After a busy end of year in Spain and Portugal, 3 awesome trackdays with BookaTrack on their Iberia trip ( Portimao, Estoril & jerez... :) the car has been receiving another well earned clean up, detailed in a separate thread.....

I have been speaking to Matt at Fernsport about getting the coolant holes & water pump replaced, the fittings welded and a general engine out checkover and replacement of anything that needs doing........hopefully, will get the work underway shortly, so stay tuned for further details......

markturner1960 said:
I have been speaking to Matt at Fernsport about getting the coolant holes & water pump replaced, the fittings welded and a general engine out checkover and replacement of anything that needs doing........hopefully, will get the work underway shortly, so stay tuned for further details......

Sound plan, Mark!
:thumbs:

what db rating was/is the exhaust now?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back