Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Techart springs

rhino-man said:
If you are talking about your GTS, isn't that lower than a 4S anyway by 10mm?
(which I know is 10mm lower than a non S)
Didn't the GTS have some sort of supersport option as standard which was lower still?

The "PASM sports chassis (- 20 mm) with limited slip rear differential lock" was an option on the GTS.

squelch said:
rhino-man said:
If you are talking about your GTS, isn't that lower than a 4S anyway by 10mm?
(which I know is 10mm lower than a non S)
Didn't the GTS have some sort of supersport option as standard which was lower still?

The "PASM sports chassis (- 20 mm) with limited slip rear differential lock" was an option on the GTS.

Which makes it 10mm lower the standard PASM chassis then I think which is 10mm lower than standard. So the "sports" springs could be an option for us in warranty then.

A quick glance (so please verify these part numbers are correct) shows 2 different front springs listed for a GTS, around £150 each + vat

99734353150504 Coil Spring, 1 Set - Identification, Red, Red, Green CARRERA GTS | valid for Special model 911 Carrera GTS (I011) / valid for PASM electronic damper control (I475) | COUPE

99734353149504 Coil Spring, 1 Set - Identification, Silver, Silver CARRERA GTS | valid for Special model 911 Carrera GTS (I011) / valid for Sport-type chassis (I030) | COUPE

and same for rears around £120+ each

1 99733353164504 Coil Spring, 1 Set - Identification, Red, Red, White valid for Special model 911 Carrera GTS (I011) / valid for PASM electronic damper control (I475) | CARRERA GTS

1 99733353173504 Coil Spring, 1 Set - Identification, Silver, Silver, Yellow valid for Special model 911 Carrera GTS (I011) / valid for Sport-type chassis (I030) | CARRERA GTS

:thumb: Forgot to mention, my arrived yesterday, now need to arrange fitting, may get around to it by the summer :grin:

are the techart springs also the best suited for a Gen 2 with pasm
ALso does it matter if its a Targa 4s Gen 2?

badbox said:
are the techart springs also the best suited for a Gen 2 with pasm
ALso does it matter if its a Targa 4s Gen 2?

Techart are fine for gen2 but make sure you get the ones for the Awd 4S as the rear springs are bigger the the ones for the 2S :thumb: Targa option should be listed if its different to the non targa cars

When I have the stiffer setting actived the car bounces more and seems to hop....is that what I will be getting in normal mode once springs are on?

badbox said:
When I have the stiffer setting actived the car bounces more and seems to hop....is that what I will be getting in normal mode once springs are on?

MMM what you have just described you need the DSC pasm upgrade module
theres a long thread on here about a group buy a few months ago , they are not cheap but totally transform the suspension . have a read of the thread and the link before deciding what to do next . I really like the way it makes my car feel subtle but how it should have come from the factory

http://www.tpcracing.com/dsc.html

I have the DSC module and I'm having the techarts put on soon. Will let you know the results.

I've had the springs fitted for a while now, no different to OEM in my eyes.

Mix of British and European roads over the last 1000 miles or so.

roocat said:
I have the DSC module and I'm having the techarts put on soon. Will let you know the results.

:food: I look forward to this

hi all, after a long time i've finally got around to getting my car booked in to have the techart springs installed. My Indy has just phoned me to say the front springs are considerably bigger compared to the stock spring they have removed from the car, and so he's asked if it's possible i have the wrong ones. Are there more than one type for PASM/Non PASM cars etc?. Mine is a gen 2 C2S. I'm hoping the size difference is just down to the spring rates but he made it sound like the difference was significant, so i just want to check if its possible i've got the wrong ones. Anyone else notice this?. I bought them via the group buy on this thread (some time ago now). Thanks!

Hertsdriver said:
Which part number did you get from Techart?

i cant check the springs themselves but the part number on the box they were sent in, which i still have looks correct - 097.200.100.009

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back