Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sourcing panel clips and screws?

ragpicker

Portimao
Anyone got a good place to get the little plastic rivets, clips and 10mm nuts from?

Also what about the little metal clips which hold the underbody plastic panels on?

Oh, and the black screws which are used to secure the bumper to wheel arch liner etc?

Basically I need loads of each of them for a job and also to have in stock

Ta

:thumb:

Any OPC will post out a jiffy bag of These for you if you phone them up with part numbers

There are usually similar (and much cheaper) parts on Ebay if you're not too worried
about originality.

trim clips

Some of these clips are extortionately priced at OPC and it can add up to quite a bill.

Yeah I have an OPC close by but resent paying their prices for this kind of thing. I'm not bothered about originality either, but it must do the job. I went and bought a box of fixings to use on wheel liners from Halfords expecting them to do the job.. turns out they are junk and don't expand anywhere near enough when you push the plunger bit in. Even the biggest ones all just fell out!

Any links to any of the decent ones on eBay?

I have bought these from various sources on eBay for VWs and my Porsche's - they turn to dust in no time when exposed to moisture / salt.

The OPC ones are of much better quality and I ended up buying twice...

OPC does a reasonable discount for Porsche GB members and seldom ask for proof of membership. Apparently.

Sourced all mine on eBay. With the metal screw clips you can usually get a bag full of 100 that come in about 5 sizes. The only OPC parts I'd guess are the metal clips that hold the undertrays on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back