Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ANOTHER NICE S FROM 911V

Robertb said:
TomH said:
The most expensive wide bodied 993 we've sold appeared on the website towards the back end of last year. A concours 30,000 1998 993 4S in special order Cobalt Blue with every conceivable option. The car had previously been owned by Christian Horner of Red Bull for several years. It sold for £120K and found a home very quickly. One of those rare occasions where condition was commensurate with mileage and servicing had been carried out annually irrespective of distance travelled.

Look forward to buying your car off you in the near future. I'm waiting for that phone call !

Cheers
Tom 911Virgin

That sounds amazing... did it have the X51 3.8 engine?

Never seen a 993 in Cobalt.
Standard engine. Sorry it was misleading when I suggested every conceivable option. Typical car dealer, economical with the truth ! :wink:

TomH said:
Robertb said:
TomH said:
The most expensive wide bodied 993 we've sold appeared on the website towards the back end of last year. A concours 30,000 1998 993 4S in special order Cobalt Blue with every conceivable option. The car had previously been owned by Christian Horner of Red Bull for several years. It sold for £120K and found a home very quickly. One of those rare occasions where condition was commensurate with mileage and servicing had been carried out annually irrespective of distance travelled.

Look forward to buying your car off you in the near future. I'm waiting for that phone call !

Cheers
Tom 911Virgin

Standard engine. Sorry it was misleading when I suggested every conceivable option. Typical car dealer, economical with the truth ! :wink:

Still sounds like is was a cracking car, wonder how much it will get used!!

Don't think that my car needs to go now, well not just yet anyway! a bit of re-financing has meant that I should be able to do what I want to, without having to cash it in :D :thumb:

I know that once it has gone, that will be me out of a 993 forever :-(

But, I will give you a chance if it does have to go :thumbs:

NIBrown said:
TomH said:
Robertb said:
TomH said:

Cheers
Tom 911Virgin

Still sounds like is was a cracking car, wonder how much it will get used!!

Don't think that my car needs to go now, well not just yet anyway! a bit of re-financing has meant that I should be able to do what I want to, without having to cash it in :D :thumb:

I know that once it has gone, that will be me out of a 993 forever :-(

But, I will give you a chance if it does have to go :thumbs:

Good news with your car, pleased for you.
I suspect the Cobalt car will get used very little. It sold in November from memory and we took it straight in to storage. The buyer never saw the car at the point of sale and when I spoke to him just a few weeks back he still hadn't seen it. I suspect and hope that when the weather improves he might get out in it and have some fun

Tom

Good news with your car, pleased for you.
I suspect the Cobalt car will get used very little. It sold in November from memory and we took it straight in to storage. The buyer never saw the car at the point of sale and when I spoke to him just a few weeks back he still hadn't seen it. I suspect and hope that when the weather improves he might get out in it and have some fun

Tom[/quote]

Thanks Tom, hoping to keep it for a long time, but you never know!

Don't think that I would want to drive a 120k 993, better off getting a high mileage one for that. Would be nice to have 2, best of both worlds then!! :D

The buyer never saw the car at the point of sale and when I spoke to him just a few weeks back he still hadn't seen it. I suspect and hope that when the weather improves he might get out in it and have some fun

....... and pigs might also fly ...... as might Zingari find a good 993 for 25 bags ....... :floor:

madalaa said:
The buyer never saw the car at the point of sale and when I spoke to him just a few weeks back he still hadn't seen it. I suspect and hope that when the weather improves he might get out in it and have some fun

....... and pigs might also fly ...... as might Zingari find a good 993 for 25 bags ....... :floor:

Why do you say that Andy when you have absolutely no knowledge of the situation ? That's exactly what happened and I'm surprised, quite frankly, that you've suggested otherwise.
Tom

TomH said:
madalaa said:

Why do you say that Andy when you have absolutely no knowledge of the situation ? That's exactly what happened and I'm surprised, quite frankly, that you've suggested otherwise.
Tom

I think he meant 're driving it not your story behind the sale :cop:

jonttt said:
TomH said:
madalaa said:

Tom

That's the way I read it too, I.E that the new owner is as likely to go out and enjoy driving it as much as Zingari is likely to find a 993 for 25 bags!

Bought as an investment rather than a car to enjoy.

jonttt said:
TomH said:
madalaa said:

Tom

My mistake then. Sorry Andy x
T

TomH said:
madalaa said:

Tom

No offence Tom ....... but very often these top end cars end up in storage and very rarely see the light of day again, I hope in this case I am wrong and that the car in question is used regularly without fear of adding mileage.

Perhaps the gentleman in question would like to join a couple of the European tours that are being organised for this year on this forum and even perhaps become a contributing member of 911uk and join some of the meets that we regularly enjoy throughout the year.

Many of the 993 owners here are regular users of their cars and some use them on a daily basis. The sub group I tour with drive their cars with a vengeance, well most of them do ;-)

The problem now with the 993 it has become so expensive that "mere mortals" and just plain air cooled nuts are priced from the market only to see cars sold for huge amounts that are often they only bought for investment. 993s like to be used and I would rather buy a car that had a higher mileage that had been used and well maintained than one that had a low mileage that had been a garage queen.

My old car was a better car when I sold it, with an added 35K miles than when I bought it from your own good self at 911Virgin, please don't take that as criticism but these old cars need some attention virtually every year, I daresay you saw my chassis leg thread the repair of which was a major undertaking and not by any means cheap.

I am pleased I no longer have my 993 as owning it was becoming a responsibility and as such I was no longer enjoying my ownership to the full. I covered over 35K miles in it although I have to say it wasn't my daily driver but when it was driven I drove it with a vengeance when conditions allowed.

Once again I did not mean to offend and perhaps I should have been more loquacious as opposed to my original comment.

Of course you may not agree with any of the above but I know I am not the only one who harbours such sentiments.

p.s. Tom ....... no it was certainly nothing to do with the sale of the car, I am sorry you thought that, you are a gentleman and a man of integrity and as you know I am quite a fan of 911Virgin :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back