Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First Porsche - 997.2 C2S

Well done !

A few other mods to consider might be a short shift kit, a subtle ducktail and the Sports design steering wheel :D

Seems like you're already on the slippery slope !

Attachments

• img_3884_lr_112.jpg
    img_3884_lr_112.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 3,316
  • 997_wheel_lr_190.jpg
    997_wheel_lr_190.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 3,316
weebz said:
What size spacers did you go for Roocat?

I've gone for 7mm front, 15mm rear. Nearly went with 10mm front but thought I'd play it safe

systech1 said:
Well done !

A few other mods to consider might be a short shift kit, a subtle ducktail and the Sports design steering wheel :D

yep I'm well and truly on the slippery slope, lots of ideas but not sure how many I will actually end up doing. Funnily enough a duck tail and short shift are on my list although for the latter I'm thinking about the GT3 SSK.

I'm ok with my wheel though, I kinda like it's simplicity.

systech1 said:
Well done !

I think the Flying Duck Tail looks great and considered getting one but as my C4S is under OPC warranty i guess fitting one would cause issues come renewal.

Roocat its looked great. I get my black C4S next week.

Did you remove the number plate plinth, and order a slightly smaller plate for F&R. The front plate is stuck on? Could I get a close up pick. I've a plate on retention 'W2 RAR', I am looking forward to fitting at last.

Have you also fitted the filters yet? Is there any noise increase? :) :thumbs:

keendean said:
Roocat its looked great. I get my black C4S next week.

Did you remove the number plate plinth, and order a slightly smaller plate for F&R. The front plate is stuck on? Could I get a close up pick. I've a plate on retention 'W2 RAR', I am looking forward to fitting at last.

Have you also fitted the filters yet? Is there any noise increase? :) :thumbs:

Yeah i got rid of the plinth as i couldnt get a number plate to stick to it and didnt want to drill more holes for a shorter plate. A couple of guys on here showed me their stick on ones and i thought it was a good compromise. Wasn't sure at first but it's grown on me.
I'm looking to get a sport design front bumper, with that i will move the plate down and attach it to the center zunsport grill as a plateless bumper looks so much better. And no more drilled holes :)

I fitted the filters last weekend. Honestly, i haven't noticed much increase in noise. I was reading conflicting arguments for them on other forums, it made me think twice after i'd already installed, but i've decided to leave them in. I think the issues are largely when people re-oil them which can cause problems with the MAF if not done correctly, but i've decided rather than faff around with any of that i'd just buy a new set.

Here's the closest i've got of the plate, unfortunately you get a couple of creases as it follows the contours of the bumper.

Attachments

• p2_158.jpg
    p2_158.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3,090
Looking good but personally I would have got a shorter (legal) one. :thumb:

James M-S said:
Looking good but personally I would have got a shorter (legal) one. :thumb:

I wanted to but the holes drilled into the bumper from previous owner wouldn't allow. That's as short as I can go in order to keep them covered.

keendean said:
If shortened- Would you still see a crease? I'm guessing so?

If the plate were only as long as the characters you'd be pretty much crease free as the bumper pretty much completely smoothes out in the middle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back