Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Driver door glass

mzmini

Barcelona
I have noticed a few new scratches on my drivers door glass and the tint has been scratched ,can I get it repaired or do I start looking for another glass .Can anyone tell me if the tint standard on all 997s or is it an optional extra and the I am sure 996 and 997 share the same size glass is this correct :dont know:
MZ

mzmini said:
I have noticed a few new scratches on my drivers door glass and the tint has been scratched ,can I get it repaired or do I start looking for another glass .Can anyone tell me if the tint standard on all 997s or is it an optional extra and the I am sure 996 and 997 share the same size glass is this correct :dont know:
MZ
:popcorn:
Related to this I've tried to find out what % the factory standard tint is without any luck

Front windows have different parts numbers , im not sure but i dont think they are the same reguardless and the part numbers kinda prove that .

The tint is part of the window so i suspect you will need a new glass .

I dont know the tint lvl im afraid .. looked through plenty of stuff but its not listed .

legal limit is the front side glass has to allow 70% of the light through .

You've nailed effectively my ultimate question. By understanding what the factory tint was (the number floating in my head is 15%), would then allow me to add a further tint to bring it up to the 30%
Thanks for looking, it's appreciated.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back