Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

lost all brake fluid!

CamGTS

fired up my 997GTS after a 2 month hibernation and got to the end of the road and brake pedal felt mushy, then went all the way to floor and brake fluid warning light came on and no brakes! Fluid now dripping from the middle of the undertray so look like a brake pipe has gone. It's off to OPC Edinburgh tomorrow but I find it difficult to understand how a brake pipe could fail on a 7 year old car that has full OPC history service. Are underside brake pipes a known issue?

They are on 996 , not seen any 997 fail so far but have seen corrosion on the pipes .

The pipes run up the n/s and under the undertrays .

I expect its corroded through in one of the brackets , they tend to hold moisture and a good waxoil of the pipes on any car is a sensible precaution .

OPC dont waxoil pipes , indys do it on a majour service though .

Porsche warranty covering this which is just as well as it is engine/gearbox out job to replace corroded brake pipe

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back