Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 cab C2 manual

My house Insurance is with Hiscox, I'll give both them and Classicline a bell - thanks both.

I'm off to see a C55 AMG Estate tomorrow, which if I buy it will need insuring also.

Great pictures and impressive attention to detail

40786105252_64167f59ca_b.jpg

25956421857_11d04b4660_b.jpg

39933234715_9ac3ac4f9e_b.jpg

I had a chat with the trimmers, we now have an estimated completion date of the end of April, which is exciting.

However, they did caution that it may not be possible to get me as low in the car as I want, with the stock hardback seats - there needs to be a certain depth of foam or the seat would be very uncomfortable.

Now, I had been aware of this and I'd been thinking about the GT3 buckets - but my car predates the GT3, by quite a while. It couldn't have been ordered with them, which would niggle.

What could have been ordered at the time the car was specified?

The only thing that occurs is whatever seats the 993 came with - can anyone help me out on this, what would the OPC have offered in terms of the lowest seats available?

For e.g. this is a 993 style Recaro Pole Position (I believe), that was produced until 1998, which is when my car was ordered/produced:

Attachments

• 993_standard_leather_145.jpg
    993_standard_leather_145.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 3,335
I'm going to stick my neck out and say you won't get the seats as low as you imagine. The problem is actually the size of the steering wheel; not the seats.

I have the same problem after fitting a 350mm protopito. I've also got the hardback sports seats.

To help I mounted the steering wheel to Momo's Eccentric spacer. It lifts the wheel 10 mm higher when central.

It helped visibility of the clocks a lot. It's not perfect but much better. I'm clipping the top of the dails now rather than mid way. For £30 it might be worth a try.

https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/moto...s/momo-eccentric-3-bolt-steering-wheel-spacer

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back