Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 0
991 : 2011- 22
997 : 2004- 68
996 : 1997-2005 32
993 : 1993-1998 5
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 3
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 31
Cayman : 2005- 21
Cayenne : 2003- 5
Macan : 2014- 5
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

cobrars
Monza

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi wasz,

Thanks for the heads up with the POR15 getting on your hands !!! ha, but its about two month too late Sad I got it all over my hands and arms and it took over a week to get it off !!!

Personally i'd rate powder coat over POR for now.... but will see over time as I now have both on my car so I can see which one protects for the longest.

Thanks Thumb

Hi Fastlane,

Haha.... what can i say ??? errrr, sorry ??? Floor

The Ohlins are on and i've been out in it and it feels excellent, but i'm going to need a full geo setup before i can comment further. Lovely piece of kit !!

Thanks Mate thumbsup

Hi lenny,

As long as you have a basic knowledge of how things go then you should have no issues doing the rads yourself, just remember to keep the nuts/bolts/clips etc. separate from each other. If you get stuck there are plenty of videos on youtube for bumper removal, headlights etc. plus, feel free to ask me if there is something you aren't sure on.... If I can help, I will Thumb

I got the radiators and air con condensors off of eBay, i'll have a look for them this afternoon and PM you the links. As for the parts from Porsche, it really depends how far you want to go, i changed clips and screws etc that didnt really need changed, and half of the stuff you can get cheaper elsewhere so there is always that option, i'm sure my bits were around £200 from OPC but like i said, you wouldnt need all those bits.

I have most of my old bits here which are in useable condition if you need any hangers or clips... If i have what you need i'll happily post them down to you FOC.

Cheers bye

Thanks coullstar thumbsup

Hi Jezz,

Yes, Mark is getting a descent set of coilovers, He loved how my car drove with them and I have all the setting to go with it so it'll definitely be better than what he has now.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Take it easy

Craig

Current : VW Golf 25th Anniversary No 1398

Previous : TVR Cerbera 4.5

Car Thread - http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=118834&highlight=

cobrars
Monza

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Ok, so here it is……… the last few things I can do to the car before it’s off for paint work and finally finished.

First off was a new air intake. I’d had the Evoms one on now for nearly 5 year and fancied a change, a few weeks after this, up pops an almost new EuroCup GT Twin Air Intake. I’d seen one of these not long after I bought the Evoms and thought they looked really nice. So, I took the plunge.

Old Evoms.

New EuroCup.

Now, I have heard that apparently the Evoms is a better design as it doesn’t suck hot air from the engine like the EuroCup would due to its enclosed design. But I can only see this happening whilst the car is stationary??? When driving the air passing underneath the car would pull the hot air away, plus with the air going over the top of the car and being pushed/sucked in through the engine bay lid would push the hot air down and out the bottom??? Anyway, who knows. For what BHP I may or may not lose, it doesn’t really bother me that much. I personally think the EuroCup looks amazing and it really cleans up the engine bay and although no one will ever really see it, I’m happier with the new one.

Time to fit the Ohlins………

First was to get the car back to Marks. We put the car on axle stands so that all four wheels were off the floor. This just made it a lot easier to work on.

We needed to finish off rust proofing and painting the front arches behind the strut top mounts and in the whole of the rear arches as these had not been touched yet.

So, wheels off, front bottom ball joints out, track rod ends off, brake callipers off and top mount bolts out and then both front struts just drop out. Then with the rears, just strut top mount bolts out and the bolt from the bottom of the shocker out from the hub and then they just both drop down a bit and pull out from the top.

On inspection both rear arches were in pretty mint condition. There was the odd dot of rust on the seams but that’s it.

We started on the front as there was very little prep work to be done. Just wire brushed the surface rust off, prepped it and painted it. As with the rears, it was pretty much the same, file away the surface rust, prep and then paint.

Although that all may have sounded pretty easy, it took most of the Saturday to get it all done. So, we just left it for the paint to dry so it was nice and set for the week after so we could refit the new suspension. There was a little shopping list for Porsche, couple of rubber grommets for the front wheel arches and new rear shocker nuts and bolts.

The following Saturday it was up to Marks nice and early to make a start on refitting. I love this part.

The Ohlins Kit.

We put it all together using the settings that were supplied with the kit. Everything went together perfectly. As you would pretty much expect.

All the wheel arches at this point were looking excellent, all ready for the new suspension. We started with the front and then moved on to the rear.

Time to fit the Ohlins.

Only issue we had with the rear was that in all the images it shows the rear anti roll bar brackets sitting right at the bottom of the strut, but according to the measurements diagram it had to be 32mm down from the height adjuster nut. We set it up using the measurements diagram as the image diagram could have just been for show. But after fitting the shocker in place we realised that the anti roll bar links just wouldn’t fit with the brackets in that position. We then set them as per the diagram showed, and they just slotted into place perfectly.

Then it was back onto its wheels and that was that. Job done!

The following Monday I purchased the Snorkel bit for the engine lid that galahad pointed out to me. Turns out it’s a genuine Porsche part??? For a 997, some special equipment or something. Looks good though.

Old one.

New one.

So last but not least, I purchased a new set of Black and silver centre caps, these are none genuine but will do till some become available.

Next is a service in April. It’s getting……

Service, using Millers 10w 50.
New uprated 997 gearbox internals and slave cylinder.
New low temp thermostat.
New genuine water pump and gasket.
New genuine AOS.
New Top Gear Stainless Manifolds and poppopbangbang’s titanium studs.
Air Con recharge after new rads fitted.

This all being done it’s only a bit of paintwork then the car is pretty much finished, god knows where I’ll go from here.

Thanks for reading people, and for all the comments left.

Craig

Last edited by cobrars on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

NLW73
Albert Park

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the new intake system looks good.

have you got a GT3 bootlid under that RS rear spoiler?

it might be worth your while looking into an RS style ram air duct to help get more air into the intake as you have dual outlets now? have a look at my build thread and you can see it on mine. it sits just by the air in take and drives more air into the open hole/air intake channel.

you can get one from Design 911 in carbon effect but I had mine painted red to match the car.

where the air is coming in is only served on the left side so well worth finding out how you can get air in via the right channel as well?

its supposed to have a real big effect when on the move. the more air you get in then the bigger the gains

the ohlins look the part and they are supposed to be the muts nuts suspension wise.

JM30
Silverstone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking really nice mate, lots of hard work there, nice to see lots of pictures of what's been done too so thanks for sharing, i'm really looking forward to getting onto my new list of 'to do's' on mine and seeing this wets my appetite even more!, bloody love these things! they are so addictive never has a car got under my skin like the 996 has, seeing others have the same addiction to keep on improving and maintaining,

i'm the same i feel once i have done what i want to do on my 996 (this year i may complete if all goes well) what will be next.. i don't know if i will ever stop tinkering with it as i don't intend on selling, i think it will always been an ongoing project

Looks great and i bet it handles amazingly well, how do the Ohlins compare to the previous set up?

steve r
Monza

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work 👍

When people fit a X51 airbox to the 997 they cut another hole in the underside of the deck lid to feed to right hand inlake. Maybe you could do this and fit another one of those snorkels?

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/719518-upgrading-to-the-x51-carbon-airbox.html

Dammit
Indianapolis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could a 996 use that dual intake 997 arrangement?

The symmetry is appealing.

crash7
Hockenheim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit wrote:
Could a 996 use that dual intake 997 arrangement?

The symmetry is appealing.

Yes, however the dual intake is the carbon X51 airbox that is very expensive.

OP - Could you tell me what this little black box is? And where has your secondary air pump gone?

Secondary air pump delete.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  245.57 KB
 Viewed:  4094 Time(s)

Secondary air pump delete.jpg

Yas.SYC4S
Silverstone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing thread Craig thumbsup Great read and build so far!! Thanks for sharing! Definitely some jobs I want to tackle myself on my C4S.
Ohlins puh
Lachs Sliver - BMW E30 Mtech 1 (1987)
Alfa Red - Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV Mk1 (1969)

cobrars
Monza

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi NLW73,

Yeah, looks alone i'm well chuffed with it, i do have a genuine Porsche MK2 boot lid, yes...

I've had a look at your thread and i like the look of the scoop you had fitted (and the car obviously) Thumb Thanks for the heads up, definitely something to think about, but although i have dual air intakes i only have one hole to supply the air, on the near side, but could buy the other side matching air duct that is available from Porsche, but this would require cutting a hole into the lid on the other side the same size. I'm just a little wary of cutting into a perfectly good part, i suppose i could get the body shop to look at it. maybe a mod i should do though.

Thanks for that thumbsup

Hi JM30,

Thanks Thumb It is addictive once you started, problem is where you draw the line. I can't see myself ever selling mine, they are amazing cars and for the money, what else could you get that's as good.

Make sure you keep us informed of your progress, always good to see others that put the same effort in !!

I've not had the Ohlins set up properly yet, need to go for a geo set up first then get down to Centre Gravity and then i'll see if it's as good or better than the KW's thumbsup

Thanks Mate

Hi steve r,

I had a check tonight and with some careful cutting i should be able to fit the right side air snorkel to match, it is available from Porsche. Just not sure if i want to cut into my lid is all, that carbon intake is pretty special !! ha, I like !!!Maybe something for the future Thumb

Thanks.

Hi Dammit,

as above, it's very appealing, and the more people keep suggesting it the more i'm thinking about it.... I'd definitely do it if i bought that 997 carbon intake, but still 50/50 for the EuroCup.

Cheers.

Hi crash7,

As far as i'm aware, the early 996's didn't have an air pump. That black box you can see where the air pump would be, is where i done the connections for my PSE. I bought Top Gear Valvetronic exhausts and instead of using the supplied remote control, i wired in the genuine switch, that's just a IP65 rated junction box that houses the latching relay thumbsup

Hi Yas.SYC4S,

Thanks Thumb the Ohlins are lovely !! DO IT !!! Dance Tap

Thanks Guys worship

maldren
Suzuka

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Craig,
any comments on your Ohlins yet?

Mike

cobrars
Monza

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

i've not really had a chance to test them properly yet. The drive back from Marks was good, even though i've not yet had the geometry set. it was only a 10/15 mile drive home and i was taking it easy, as i do every time its been to pieces, even though i check every nut and bolt twice, you know..... just in case. Hand

Once it's had a proper set up, i do have high hopes for them, but I think i'll find it hard to feel a massive difference between the KW's and the Ohlins on the road as the KW's are still an excellent piece of kit, but hopefully once it's been to Centre Gravity i'll be able to give a better rundown on how the Ohlins are performing.

For now though, i think being able to adjust the ride height without having compressing the springs which make for a harder ride instantly makes them better in my opinion Thumb

I'll gladly report back once i've had it all sorted.

Thanks

Take it easy

Craig

maldren
Suzuka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
looking forward to hearing your views.

stemilion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read your whole thread last night, certainly lots of work and dedication gone into it. This for me sums up the enthusiasm and passion that we all feel for our cars etc also good to hear you are working with a mate, makes it much more fun. I have just bought a 996 cab and will try to emulate some of your work, not to the same standard maybe Sad, I once tried to recover some Range Rover seats Confused enough said methinks
After all this work dont get bored and sell it as you will most probably regret it
only had mine a short time but, and to quote JM30 dont they get under your skin, I find it hard not to go the long way round and just give her a little boot Smile
Keep smiling

cobrars
Monza

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi stemilion,

Sorry, I thought i'd replied to your comment already.... My bad frustrated

Any petrol head will put time and effort into their car, fortunately for me, i'm quite good with my hands and was working as a mechanic for a few years which gave me the confidence to do most of the jobs.

Having Mark help is excellent, someone elses hands and eyes can help a lot !! There's been a few times where one of us has forgot how something went and the other has remembered, the company is also good too Thumb

These cars do get under your skin, when i bought mine it was already immaculate, i could have just maintained it and used it and saved myself a load of money. But the more i used it the more i wanted to make it better. I ended up replacing nearly everything on the car even though it was all in excellent working condition.

As for selling it, if they ever go up in value to the point where I can break even then I might let it go and start again. But I think it will be a long time before their worth £35k.... ha.

Thanks for reading mate, good luck with your car !!! This forum is full of descent people who are happy to help, so any questions or problems you may have whilst doing your car just post it on here and someone will be along to help in no time thumbsup

Take it easy

Craig Grin Grin

cobrars
Monza

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Ok, so it’s been a while since I updated my thread so thought I’d give it a go while I have a bit time on my hands.

There isn’t much to report this time. I’ve not really had much chance to use to car as I’ve had other commitments.

The car as it stands now, apart from paint, is pretty much 99% done. I booked in with Centre Gravity to have it fully setup. Once this is done, come the end of August it’ll all be finished.

Since the last post its been for a service with other little odds and sods done while it was there, the main thing was the new gearbox internals as its cleared up the creaking from dipping the clutch when it gets warm, I can’t begin to tell you how annoying that was.

The other thing is the stainless manifolds. Now the quality of all the Top Gear stuff is excellent, I can’t fault it, but unfortunately fitting these were a step too far. Although its not as bad as when I had the bypass pipes fitted, on idle when the valves are open on tick over it’s got a nice sound, but whenever you put your foot down it’s just far too loud with a disappointing “hooligan” sound, when driving around 4k revs it’s just stupid loud like there aren’t any boxes on at all. When on quiet though it’s totally the opposite, you can’t hear anything but the induction roar when you floor it, which is good as that’s the exact reason I wanted the option to put them to quiet, for long motorway drives or at night so I don’t annoy anyone, but on loud I was hoping for a slightly louder Porsche PSE sound. Unfortunately, not the case.

From how descent it was before the manifolds were on and how good Marks sounded with just stainless manifolds, standard cats and stainless boxes, I had high hopes for getting these on to see what it sounded like !!! As with everything I do though, nothing but problems….. Back to the drawing board I guess. The quest for the right sound continues.

I have spoken to Alex about this, he actually rang me one Sunday afternoon in his own time and he is more than happy to help me get to the bottom of this which really is decent of him, but then I’d need to get the car down to his workshop for them to take a look at, Problem is they are quite a distance from me. So I’m torn as to what to do….. I don’t want to remove anything as it all looks excellent and what with also wiring in the boxes to the dash switch, do I try some other back boxes or let Alex cut mine open and stuff some extra wadding in to quieten them down a bit when valves open ?? Who knows for now, I’ll worry about this another time as it doesn’t stop the use of the car and I can just leave the valves closed.

First thing I done last year after getting it back from its service was a new handbrake leaver. A scripted one came up for sale at a mere £25, so I just had to get that. It was in grey but then I was only interested in the aluminium piece and the plastic sleeve it sat in.

Mark had previously bought one of these and we had a bit of a nightmare separating the handle from the lever, we weren’t sure if it was screwed on, glued on or if the aluminium script part was pressed on to the lever.
After a long time messing on we eventually got his apart, turns out the aluminium is just glued on. So, with this in mind I tried something different. I clamped the base part of lever in a vice and heated up the aluminium piece with a heat gun. Within a minute or two I pulled and twisted the whole handle (in a rag obviously as it was bloody hot) and could feel it starting to come loose so with a swift tug, it came off. Job one complete.

Next was the easy part of separating the old grey leather from the plastic sleeve, it came off pretty easy and in one piece.

Job two was to send the sleeve off to the place that retrimmed Marks seats etc as they done an excellent job on everything, including Marks lever.
I had leather left from retrimming the dashboard so I sent him some of that so it all matched.

While that was away I needed to get the aluminium part refreshed. It was covered in little scratches and a few little dints. Unsure what I was going to do with this I got in touch with a friend to ask his opinion, to which he replied I’ll pop round later that evening to have a look.

I showed him what one looked like on the good old tinterweb, he said no problem and off he went. The following day I got a WhatsApp message and this is what it was. It looks pretty good if you ask me.

Now I know its polished and not painted, he thought he’d show me this first as it can always be painted after if I wasn’t happy with it. After trial fitting it to the car it actually didn’t look out of place. So, for now I’m more than happy to leave it how it is and if in time it bothers me I’ll just change it at a later date.

Got the retrimmed cover back,

Before and after Pictures

Next job was a camber issue. I previously bought some Elephant Racing bottom arms back in 2015 as I couldn’t get -1.5 degrees which I was told was a good road setting, but after fitting these it left me too far the other way.

I couldn’t get any less camber than -2.33 degrees. Although this didn’t look too bad when looking at the car, I wasn’t totally happy. However, I thought I’d live with it and revisit it after more important things had been addressed.

I started looking into this at the start of last year as I was going to Centre Gravity and wanted to dial out some camber. That’s when I came across some Eibach adjustable bottom arms from RPM Technic. I rang up to get some information and they seemed to be just what I was after. Only issue was they were on back order and would be six weeks. Which wasn’t an issue as I’d not booked in with Centre Gravity yet.

They eventually arrived so I set about fitting them after work one evening. Easy job as everything has been off the car quite recently when fitting the Ohlins.

For the time being I set the Eibach arms the same as the Elephant ones by eye so that the camber would be pretty much even both sides until I could get it set properly. Now with the Eibach ones being adjusted the same as the Elephant ones, which were already set as low as they’d possibly go, the Eibach ones still had about 20/25mm left to dial out so I was confident that I’d get the adjustment needed come setup time.

With this being complete, I booked the car in at Centre Gravity for the end of August 2017 and I had no doubt it would be fully sorted after that.

So that’s pretty much that. Nothing too major done last year, I just need to get out and use the damm thing.

As you’ll have most likely seen on Marks thread, we’ve been full steam ahead on his getting it ready for last summer. These things take time though and we only wanted to do it once to this scale so everything had to be right building it back up, so we didn’t rush and the results speak for themselves. Although we may have not got to use them that much in 2018, come the sunny weather 2019 we’ll be out whenever we feel like it as they’ll both be ready to go.

Take it easy

Craig

cobrars
Monza

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here’s another little update, and a rare one without any serious issues !!!

First thing was an issue I had when doing the NC500 in 2017. Whilst at the first stop I had the front boot open getting a few supplies out, but when it came to closing it, the boot wouldn’t latch closed. After numerous attempts Jamie stepped in.

He bent up the little metal flap, then using a straw dropped in a couple drops of vegetable oil he had for his morning bacon sarnies, and hey presto….. the boot locked straight away.

He said that it just needed to be greased when I got home, but once I know something is faulty, I’ll be wanting a new one. but seeing as mine was working for now, I was happy to leave it until a new one came up.

Then one did, Brand new. And for a mere £24.98 delivered. Happy days. Second hand ones were up for sale for more !!!

When I removed the old one I found out that the metal flap was actually a plate separate to the catch. So, with a little persuasion it went back into shape pretty well.

All fitted to the car, was also good to get rid of the faded “pink” tip and have it lovely and red again

This change came about because of Mark.

He’d bought the Momo Cup steering wheel and boss kit. When he first got it and showed me I wasn’t totally “wowed” by it. Don’t get me wrong, it looked really nice but after hearing about “Dammit’s” hassle with his horn issues, I thought it wasn’t worth the hassle. What with my steering wheel having already been retrimmed, I thought it wouldn’t look any better. But as I’m sure mark will tell you, I’m wrong nearly all of the time, because after fitting the whole thing to his car and seeing it, I loved it. Needless to say, I ordered all the parts straight away.

Just a quick run through with pics as Mark done a pretty good “how to” on his thread.....

Two parts needed from Mr Porsche

Then start to finish….

At this point my Porsche horn push hadn’t arrived so just used the supplied momo one to keep the wires from touching, and fitted the “Porsche” decal.

Next was something that I thought would be a hell of a lot more complicated than it actually turned out to be.

Whilst Mark and I were doing my rads etc, we were refitting the headlights and the passenger side one took a few attempts to get fitted, when we eventually got it in right, the light wouldn’t work on that side. We tried a few more times but couldn’t get it working. So, we pulled back the arch liner and saw that the blue plug wasn’t seated right. We then removed the headlight again to see what the issue was. I thought the yellow clip at the back the holds the plug was the issue, turned out it was the actual blue headlamp plug, the corner had snapped off, therefore it would just push back when any force was put onto it.

I could only see two ways to go. One, replace the N/S wiring loom, which looked a nightmare, or just cut and solder in the plug part. Again, knowing this and having it working for the time being, I started looking around for the best way to sort it.

A few weeks later I decided that soldering in a piece was a total bodge, and definitely not the way to go, so I was on the lookout for a replacement harness.

I was about to buy a harness when up pops the very thing I needed. Little did I know, but you can buy the Blue Headlamp Plug on its own. I never even thought this would be available to buy separate. So, having the part number, I rang Mr Porsche and it was actually cheaper to buy direct from them, £9.19 all in.

I then went on the search for the way to remove the small spade clips. I found one website in America that sold the pin removers but wanted $55 for them plus postage and import tax etc. I tried eBay and came across a set of eleven for a mere £2.50 delivered.

After a bit of fiddling I found that (this might not actually be true, it’s just how I did it and worked) click the two red clips out-over (top and bottom) before trying to pull the wires out the back.
Hold the plug vertically, then slide in the right size pin key horizontally to plug and then just pull the wire out the back. Obviously, the easiest way is to do one wire at a time so you don’t get them the wrong way around. Then click the red clips back.

That’s that, what I thought would be a bit of a nightmare, ended up being relatively easy, and a lot cheaper and easier than doing the whole harness.

The adjustable drop links were next, but I’ve covered those on another thread.

Basically, I was sold utter trash that didn’t fit the car, total nightmare with the seller that left me out of pocket. Don’t use TFS Motorsport !!!!

Craig

Marky911
Magny-Cours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Craig, I didn’t read it right to the end, but those therapy sessions seem to be working for you. You didn’t mention those droplinks once.

<goes back and scans last bit>

Ohhh, riiiigghhtt.

Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: